Sökning: "them vs us"
Visar resultat 1 - 5 av 21 uppsatser innehållade orden them vs us.
1. Them vs Us - The ontological significance of identity and (in)security in the Cold Conflict between Iran and Saudi ArabiaKandidat-uppsats, Göteborgs universitet/Institutionen för globala studier
Sammanfattning : In recent years, identity has become increasingly important within the field of International Relations and in studies of conflict. This has led to the widening of the field with the help of perspectives from the field of Psychology, and the emergence of ontological security theory (OST) where identity is a centrality. LÄS MER
2. Unraveling diverse values of ecosystem services : A socio-cultural valuation using the Q-methodology in Messenia, GreeceMaster-uppsats, Stockholms universitet/Stockholm Resilience Centre
Sammanfattning : People perceive the importance of ecosystem services in different ways, depending on their values, beliefs and needs. This study provides a nuanced understanding of the multiple ways stakeholder groups perceive the benefits derived from hydrologic services in the surrounding area of the "Gialova" coastal wetland in Messenia, Greece. LÄS MER
3. A ‘snapshot’ of Swedish media’s portrayal of immigrants and refugees leading up to the 2018 election : A qualitative critical discourse analysis from Dagens Nyheter and Svenska DagbladetKandidat-uppsats, Linnéuniversitetet/Institutionen för samhällsstudier (SS)
Sammanfattning : Immigration is a topic that is not an uncommon occurrence within Sweden, especially in regards to the long history of wars and crisis occurred since the beginning of the 21st century. It could take form of individuals fleeing for their lives as refugees from conflict, or as economic migrants seeking a higher quality of life in a new country. LÄS MER
4. Representations of Muslims and Islam in Perussuomalainen, the Newsletter of the (True) Finns PartyMaster-uppsats, Lunds universitet/Centrum för Mellanösternstudier
Sammanfattning : In 2015, the European Union experienced the arrival of more than 1.25 million refugees at its borders, many of whom were looking for international protection from war, violence, and persecution. The number of asylum seekers in Finland rose almost tenfold in 2015 compared to years prior to 2015. LÄS MER
- Master-uppsats, SLU/Dept. Of Aquatic Resources
Sammanfattning : Humans are dependent on a large variety of services that come from the eco-systems around us. Some of these ecosystem services are provided by rivers and lakes and include for example drinking water, water for irrigation and industry, flood control, climate regulation, and recreation. LÄS MER