Sökning: "torture or ill-treatment"
Visar resultat 1 - 5 av 7 uppsatser innehållade orden torture or ill-treatment.
1. Of course, but maybe: the absolute prohibition of refoulement and threats to national security and public safety : Legal and practical effects of undesirable but unreturnable refugeesUppsats för yrkesexamina på avancerad nivå, Uppsala universitet/Juridiska institutionen
Sammanfattning : States are routinely confronted with conflicting duties of maintaining full respect for human rights, on the one hand, and protecting national security and public safety, on the other. This is not least noticeable when States’ sovereignty and the right to control who enters and leaves their territories clash with the obligation to afford protection to refugees fleeing persecution. LÄS MER
2. The Interception of Refugees and Migrants on the High Seas- The Scope of Applicability of the Principle of Non-Refoulement and Extraterritorial JurisdictionKandidat-uppsats, Lunds universitet/Juridiska institutionen; Lunds universitet/Juridiska fakulteten
Sammanfattning : According to the European Convention on Human Rights, jurisdiction is a prerequisite for holding a contracting state responsible when an allegation of infringement of the ECHR arises, such as the principle of non-refoulement. States implement extraterritorial migration management measures trying to avoid triggering the principle of non-refoulement arguing that it cannot be applied extraterritorially. LÄS MER
3. Mechanical restraint in psychiatric healthcare facilities : A helpful tool, or torture or other cruel, inhuman or degrading treatment or punishment in disguise?Uppsats för yrkesexamina på avancerad nivå, Stockholms universitet/Juridiska institutionen
Sammanfattning : The use of mechanical restraint is a common practice in psychiatric care, often defended by medical necessity but seldom questioned from a human rights perspective. The purpose of this thesis has been to investigate under which circumstances mechanical restraint by bed through belt fixation could amount to torture and other cruel, inhuman or degrading treatment or punishment. LÄS MER
4. Flykten undan klimatförändringar - en undersökning av möjligheten att hävda klimatförändringar som grund för skydd i annan statUppsats för yrkesexamina på avancerad nivå, Lunds universitet/Juridiska institutionen
Sammanfattning : During many years, migration has been a part of people’s life and the reasons for migration have varied. One group of migrants that has become larger in recent years is the “climate refugees”. This concept has its foundation in the fact that these humans are forced to flee from the effects of climate changes. LÄS MER
- Uppsats för yrkesexamina på avancerad nivå, Lunds universitet/Juridiska institutionen
Sammanfattning : Non-refoulement is a fundamental principle of international law, providing an individual the protection from being returned to a place where he or she risks persecution, torture or other ill treatment. The prohibition on refoulement is recognized in refugee law, human rights law and international customary law. LÄS MER