Sökning: "translation strategies"
Visar resultat 1 - 5 av 177 uppsatser innehållade orden translation strategies.
- Magister-uppsats, Göteborgs universitet/Statsvetenskapliga institutionen
Sammanfattning : The aim of this study has been to investigate in what ways directors of doctoral education navigate and translate doctoral education norms from the European level to local contexts. In focus are the two norms of original research and wider labour market needs, enshrined in the Salzburg principles, adopted by the European University Association. LÄS MER
- Kandidat-uppsats, Göteborgs universitet/Institutionen för språk och litteraturer
Sammanfattning : The purpose of this paper is to provide a view of the difference in the use of imperatives and directivesbetween Japanese and Swedish. The use of imperative is quite usual in Swedish while the use of it inJapanese is very limited and Japanese tends to take other linguistic strategies to express this kind ofspeech. LÄS MER
3. Why not "English only"? : Patterns of code-switching between Swedish and English in Swedish upper secondary EFL educationUppsats för yrkesexamina på grundnivå, Linnéuniversitetet/Institutionen för språk (SPR)
Sammanfattning : English education in Sweden tends to be viewed as a second language, rather than a foreign language. Therefore, it is generally expected that instruction is performed, and content is taught in English. However, previous research shows that English is generally not the sole language used, even in classrooms with explicit “English only” policies. LÄS MER
4. Julmust, Must or Christmas Cola? : Translation Strategies for Words for Culture Specific Items in Two Translations of Liza Marklund’s 'SprängarenKandidat-uppsats, Stockholms universitet/Engelska institutionen
Sammanfattning : Research within translation characterises cultural references as being problematic for translators, meaning they must choose between different translation strategies as to how to transfer these references into the translated text. These strategies are often described in general terms according to how closely oriented they are to the target-culture or source-culture, known as domestication or foreignisation. LÄS MER
5. Walking and Wandering among Mountains and Monsters : A study of metaphors and lexical variation in translation in a text about the Lake DistrictMagister-uppsats, Linnéuniversitetet/Institutionen för språk (SPR)
Sammanfattning : This essay studies the translation of metaphorical concepts and lexical variation in relation to walking in a text about hiking in the Lake District. These two linguistic features are deemed to be important in fulfilling the communicative intention of the source text and the aim of the essay is to investigate to what extent these two linguistic features have been retained translation and what motivates different translation strategies. LÄS MER