Sökning: "transnational capital"
Visar resultat 1 - 5 av 28 uppsatser innehållade orden transnational capital.
1. Transnational Parenting and Cultural Capital : A qualitative study on cultural capital and parenting strategies of English-speaking migrants in Sweden.Kandidat-uppsats, Stockholms universitet/Sociologiska institutionen
Sammanfattning : This study explores how English-speaking migrant parents in Sweden value transnational and linguistic cultural capital, and how they draw upon their own cultural resources in order to help their children acquire these forms of capital and inculcate a habitus. Bourdieu’s theory of cultural capital, social capital and habitus are used in a qualitative study in order to investigate how parents cultural capital was valued in the new cultural context, how they acquired new, more relevant capital for themselves, and how this shaped the aims, expectations and strategies they had to help their children acquire valued forms of capital. LÄS MER
2. Role of Bosnian-Herzegovinian (Bosnian) Immigrant Organizations in Sweden on Socio-Economic Development in Bosnia and Herzegovina (Bosnia)Master-uppsats, Lunds universitet/LUMID International Master programme in applied International Development and Management; Lunds universitet/Institutionen för kulturgeografi och ekonomisk geografi
Sammanfattning : This thesis aims to contribute to the growing field of research on migrant transnationalism by analyzing immigrant organizations among Bosnian immigrants in Sweden. The main focus of the study is on the effects of the immigrant transnationalism phenomenon for socio-economic development within home communities by investigating and analyzing the structures and processes that allow transnational activities to take place. LÄS MER
3. Choosing the International Baccalaureate Diploma Programme : Transnational Students creating Social Differentiation through School Choice in the Swedish Education MarketMaster-uppsats, Stockholms universitet/Institutionen för pedagogik och didaktik
Sammanfattning : It is estimated that by 2025 there will be approximately 8.26 million students enrolled in over 15,000 international schools globally. This increased expansion of international schooling cannot be disconnected from a process of globalisation where neoliberal policies have influenced the growth of education markets. LÄS MER
4. Factors Influencing the Divergence and Convergence of ICTs within African Diaspora Entities in the United KingdomMagister-uppsats, Malmö universitet/Kultur och samhälle
Sammanfattning : With the increase in International migration, migrants and diasporas contribution and engagement with their countries of origin has seen growing focus from academics, policymakers, governments and other stakeholders. This has been especially the case in the development sector where remittances form a sizeable percentage of some low-income country's Gross Domestic Product (GDP). LÄS MER
5. Öresundsidentitet - En studie om regional identitet och identitetsskapande i en transnationell kontextKandidat-uppsats, Lunds universitet/Socialantropologi
Sammanfattning : The Öresund region, or Greater Copenhagen as it also is represented as, is a cross-border region connecting Skåne with Copenhagen. Political initiatives have forced development towards a more integrated region with one regional identity. LÄS MER