Sökning: "transnational feminism"
Visar resultat 1 - 5 av 7 uppsatser innehållade orden transnational feminism.
1. LESSONS FROM ROMA FEMINISM IN EUROPE Digital Storytelling Projects with Roma Women Activists from Romania, Spain and SwedenMaster-uppsats, Göteborgs universitet/Institutionen för kulturvetenskaper
Sammanfattning : This multi-sited ethnographic research explores Roma feminism through the stories of Roma women activists participating in Digital Storytelling projects in Romania, Spain and Sweden. Drawing from relevant feminist theory and debates (intersectionality and Roma feminist theory, transnational feminism, liberal and cultural/different-centered feminist thought), these stories are understood in dialogue with different theoretical perspectives that both reproduce patterns of conflicts in feminist thought and create new ways of understanding feminism and solidarity based on a transnational context. LÄS MER
2. Fighting violence against women in postcolonial Bolivia. A field study examining the collaboration between the local and international in BoliviaKandidat-uppsats, Malmö universitet/Kultur och samhälle
Sammanfattning : This thesis examines to what extent local and international organizations cooperate to combat violence against women (VAW) in Bolivia. The theoretical framework is based on postcolonial feminism, examining previous work focusing on VAW, (feminist) transnational advocacy networks and norm diffusion. LÄS MER
3. The Curatorial (and Curating) as Radical Democracy. A Single-Case Study of Kuratorisk Aktion as a Counter-Hegemonic InterventionMaster-uppsats, Stockholms universitet/Institutionen för kultur och estetik
Sammanfattning : This thesis investigates the counter-hegemonic formation of Danish-based transnational feminist curatorial collective Kuratorisk Aktion in a single-case study. It serves as a unique example, presenting how the collective engages to overcome the existing gap between curatorial aims and the implementation through curating. LÄS MER
4. Filipina Domestic Workers in São Paulo - An Explorative Case Study on the Social Reproduction of Class, Gender and RaceKandidat-uppsats, Lunds universitet/Sociologi
Sammanfattning : The study is a first attempt to academically investigate the case of Filipina domestic workers in São Paulo. In brief, it aims to outline these migrants’ life and working conditions, their insertion and function within class relations and in regard to a gendered and racialized work regime. LÄS MER
5. Den moderna världens feminism – en kunskapsöversikt om västcentristisk feminism och globaliseringen av nyliberalismUppsats för yrkesexamina på grundnivå, Mittuniversitetet/Institutionen för socialt arbete
Sammanfattning : Abstract This literal review intended to assess and shed light upon if west-centric feminism justifies the neoliberal globalization that reproduces the reproduction of inequality in the world. The result indicated that sex is not sufficient to categorize a universal group of women and that other aspects of social structures such as class, caste, ethnicity, race, religion and age should be included in transnational feminism, and that this discourse needs to be characterized by contextual understanding of culture and power. LÄS MER