Sökning: "tree species composition"
Visar resultat 1 - 5 av 98 uppsatser innehållade orden tree species composition.
- Master-uppsats, Södertörns högskola/Miljövetenskap
Sammanfattning : Human development continues to use up more physical space in the natural world, threatening the natural habitats of many organisms. To combat the loss of biodiversity science needs to explore what landscape features are important for different organisms so that we can incorporate these into the modern environment. LÄS MER
2. Impact of fire and frost drought events on vegetation greenness and albedo in Subarctic ScandinaviaMaster-uppsats, Lunds universitet/Institutionen för naturgeografi och ekosystemvetenskap
Sammanfattning : With climate change, the frequency in climate extremes such as drought, heavy rainfalls, and extreme temperatures is predicted to increase. These extremes can potentially stress and damage vegetation over large areas, leading to altered carbon cycle, vegetation greenness, albedo, and shifted species composition. LÄS MER
- Master-uppsats, SLU/Southern Swedish Forest Research Centre
Sammanfattning : Nowadays, the changing climate and the risks associated with it urge us to re-evaluate our silvicultural practices. Due to the increasing demand for wood and good economy amongst other factors, Swedish forest landscape is dominated by two species – Norway spruce Picea abies (L.) Karst. and Scots pine Pinus sylvestris (L. LÄS MER
4. How do saproxylic beetles differ in spruce (Picea abies) forests of different age? : A comparison between nature reserves and production forests, in county of Östergötland.Master-uppsats, Linköpings universitet/Institutionen för fysik, kemi och biologi
Sammanfattning : Today, old growth forests are continuously decreasing, due to deforestation, threatening species to extinction. Species dependent on dead wood, different stages of decaying wood, large trees, and forest cover continuity have a particularly high risk of extinction, such as saproxylic beetle species. LÄS MER
5. Appropriate experimental design and pre-commercial thinning regime in Norway spruce stands on former agriculture lands in LatviaMaster-uppsats, SLU/Southern Swedish Forest Research Centre
Sammanfattning : Recent decades Latvian land usage has change and lot of unused agricultural lands has been reforested. These areas show difference by increased growth from typical forest land, because of this trait stands need different silvicultural treatments, implementation time and intensity. LÄS MER