Sökning: "tribal societies"
Hittade 5 uppsatser innehållade orden tribal societies.
1. Vestiges of Roman Cult Religion and Household Deities in the Northern Barbaricum: A study of statuettes and other anthropomorphic figures from Barbaricum, Britannia Superior and the Roman heartlandsKandidat-uppsats, Lunds universitet/Arkeologi
Sammanfattning : This text serves as a fresh approach to the study of Roman influence on the Scandinavian region. This is achieved through the medium of various bronze statuettes, both from the Roman Empire itself as well as in the form of locally-produced anthropomorphic figures. LÄS MER
- Master-uppsats, Göteborgs universitet/Institutionen för globala studier
Sammanfattning : Understanding processes of peacebuilding, how peace is created and maintained, has inspired and intrigued an entire field of academics and practitioners. This thesis is an attempt to understand the role of horizontal inequalities (HIs) in the peacebuilding process of Uganda from the perspective of civil society. LÄS MER
3. Meyer Fortes hos stammen Tallensi: en undersökning om en förändrad samhällsstruktur som följd av den västerländska kolonialismenKandidat-uppsats, Lunds universitet/Avdelningen för idé- och lärdomshistoria
Sammanfattning : The aim of this paper is to analyse the fieldwork that the British anthropologist Meyer Fortes conducted in the mid-thirties among the Tallensi-tribe in northern Ghana, then called British Gold Coast, a country that had been a European colony for several hundred years. It was not however until the early years of the 20th century that the British Empire, which had had control over the Gold Coast for almost half a century now, turned his attention to the tribal societies in the northern territories of the country. LÄS MER
4. The Intersections of Wakanda : Aspects of intersectionality as presented in the Marvel blockbuster Black PantherKandidat-uppsats, Linnéuniversitetet/Institutionen för språk (SPR)
Sammanfattning : The following essay analyzes Marvel blockbuster Black Panther with an intersectional lens, discussing relations of power, oppression and discrimination through the fictive society of Wakanda. The findings present similar factors of intersectionality to that of most western societies, with gender, sexuality, aptitude and tribal affiliations as the main factors of identity. LÄS MER
5. Humanitarian Interventions in Complex Societies : A comparative study of Kosovo, Libya and Somalia InterventionsKandidat-uppsats, Uppsala universitet/Statsvetenskapliga institutionen
Sammanfattning : This thesis examines and compares the humanitarian interventions in Kosovo, Libya and Somalia. The purpose of this study is to examine if the presence of strong tribal structures within a nation can increase the risk of terrorist activities, and subsequently contribute to a failed state following a humanitarian intervention. LÄS MER