Sökning: "urban greening"
Visar resultat 1 - 5 av 21 uppsatser innehållade orden urban greening.
1. An oasis for students : investigating the potential co-benefits of schoolyard redesign for climate adaptationMaster-uppsats, Lunds universitet/LUCSUS
Sammanfattning : Due to climate change and the urban heat island effect, urban areas face increasing heat stress, a change that has severe consequences on human health. While the need for climate adaptation is pressing, the impact of climate adaptation projects on other sectors also needs to be carefully examined. LÄS MER
- Master-uppsats, Lunds universitet/Miljövetenskaplig utbildning
Sammanfattning : In the realm of urban planning, urban greening – the creation or restoration of green spaces in cities – has risen as an attractive approach for policy-makers and planners engaged in sustainability. As the benefits of urban greening are many, from social and cultural to environmental and economic, it has become positioned as a win-win solution to several urban challenges related to sustainable development. LÄS MER
3. At what price? Searching for environmentally sustainable and socially just urban greening strategies in Malmö, SwedenMaster-uppsats, Lunds universitet/LUCSUS
Sammanfattning : With sustainability at the forefront of many cities’ urban development plans, it is possible that sustainable polices are targeted to attract a certain group of inhabitants. Malmö, Sweden, has implemented changes in order to gain international recognition as a green city but has also been experiencing growing residential segregation. LÄS MER
4. "I don't care if they put trees on it, it's still a skyscraper" Exploring activists' dissensus against Milan's urban greening and sustainability approachMaster-uppsats, Lunds universitet/LUCSUS
Sammanfattning : Eco-urbanism is today’s mainstream approach to urban greening and sustainability. This approach, however, remains disconnected from issues of social justice. As a reaction, urban political ecology (UPE) argues for greater engagement with urban activists’ dissensus as a strategy to develop more just sustainable cities. LÄS MER
5. Freight Transport in Urban Areas: : Investigating the Environmental and Societal Impacts of Increased Production Volume on Dominant Stakeholders in Urban Areas. A Mixed Method ApproachMagister-uppsats, Högskolan i Gävle/Avdelningen för industriell ekonomi, industridesign och maskinteknik; Högskolan i Gävle/Avdelningen för industriell ekonomi, industridesign och maskinteknik
Sammanfattning : As part of an on-going trend, the greening of logistics actions in business activities has become a critical issue for companies and society. Stakeholders are asking companies to minimize their negative impacts on the environment and society, and create effective business, sustainable environment, stakeholders’ benefits and quality of life. LÄS MER