Sökning: "urban heat island UHI"
Visar resultat 1 - 5 av 8 uppsatser innehållade orden urban heat island UHI.
1. Impact of Carbon Sinks on Urban Heat Island Effects : Assessment Using Satellite Data in Water Scarce Region of the ThesisMagister-uppsats, Högskolan i Gävle/Avdelningen för byggnadsteknik, energisystem och miljövetenskap
Sammanfattning : Urbanization modifies the thermal characteristics of the land and makes way for a succession of transformations in the urban environmental system. This phenomenon, known as Urban Heat Island (UHI), is characterized by elevated temperatures in urban areas that negatively impact on the quality of life and environment in urban areas including, increased emissions of Green House Gases (GHGs) and rising energy consumption. LÄS MER
2. Analysis of spatial-temporal pattern of Land Surface Temperature (LST) due to NDVI and elevation in Ilorin, NigeriaMaster-uppsats, Lunds universitet/Institutionen för naturgeografi och ekosystemvetenskap
Sammanfattning : The rate of global urbanization in the 21st century has been unprecedented especially in the African and the Asian continents. Urbanization typically causes a removal of natural vegetation and replacement of same with impervious and non-evaporative urban materials with high heat capacity and low solar reflectivity. LÄS MER
- Master-uppsats, Lunds universitet/Institutionen för arkitektur och byggd miljö
Sammanfattning : Urbanisation in Beirut has led to a situation where the city suffers from a severe lack of green public space—Lebanon’s capital have ended up with some of the least amount of public green space per capita in the world. The lack of green surfaces and vegetation in Beirut contributes to the city’s Urban Heat Island (UHI)—a phenomenon where an urban or metropolitan area traps waste heat and end up significantly warmer than the surrounding area. LÄS MER
4. The Royal Climate Garden : a design proposal on how to adapt Kungsträdgården, Stockholm, to a warmer future climateUppsats för yrkesexamina på avancerad nivå, SLU/Dept. of Urban and Rural Development
Sammanfattning : The aim of this thesis is to find strategies to mitigate the negative effects of an increased temperature and apply them in a design proposal to an urban space of social importance. The chosen site was Kungsträdgården, which is located in central Stockholm, Sweden. Climate change is a contested political debate and a global issue. LÄS MER
- Master-uppsats, Lunds universitet/Institutionen för naturgeografi och ekosystemvetenskap
Sammanfattning : Popular science Most cities have been growing and developing at an accelerated rate throughout the world, in both developing and developed countries. Urban growth and development removes the natural land cover and replaces it with a new cover of manmade features (e.g. buildings, streets, industrial areas, commercial complexes etc. LÄS MER