Sökning: "urban heat island"
Visar resultat 1 - 5 av 51 uppsatser innehållade orden urban heat island.
1. An oasis for students : investigating the potential co-benefits of schoolyard redesign for climate adaptationMaster-uppsats, Lunds universitet/LUCSUS
Sammanfattning : Due to climate change and the urban heat island effect, urban areas face increasing heat stress, a change that has severe consequences on human health. While the need for climate adaptation is pressing, the impact of climate adaptation projects on other sectors also needs to be carefully examined. LÄS MER
2. Growing food in vacant spaces: the challenge of including urban agriculture initiatives in urban planning. A comparative case-study analysis of Athens, Barcelona, Brussels, Detroit and LeipzigMaster-uppsats, Lunds universitet/Internationella miljöinstitutet
Sammanfattning : Conventional urban planning doesn’t fit anymore the complexity of new urban challenges (heat island effect, biodiversity loss, human health issues). Instead, alternative methods must coexist with existing strategies for municipalities to be more flexible to changes and stay innovative. LÄS MER
3. Exploring the Residents' Attitude towards Greening Buildings and their Willingness to take action: An Empirical Survey Study in Deutz, CologneMaster-uppsats, Uppsala universitet/Institutionen för geovetenskaper
Sammanfattning : In times that reveal the consequences of climate change, cities are using urban greening as a potential measure in their climate change adaptation and mitigation strategies. Greenery in the city regulates the climate and balances temperature extremes through evapotranspiration and air humidification, spending shade and increased air circulation. LÄS MER
4. Impact of Carbon Sinks on Urban Heat Island Effects : Assessment Using Satellite Data in Water Scarce Region of the ThesisMagister-uppsats, Högskolan i Gävle/Avdelningen för byggnadsteknik, energisystem och miljövetenskap
Sammanfattning : Urbanization modifies the thermal characteristics of the land and makes way for a succession of transformations in the urban environmental system. This phenomenon, known as Urban Heat Island (UHI), is characterized by elevated temperatures in urban areas that negatively impact on the quality of life and environment in urban areas including, increased emissions of Green House Gases (GHGs) and rising energy consumption. LÄS MER
- Kandidat-uppsats, Umeå universitet/Institutionen för geografi
Sammanfattning : This paper examines the phenomenon known as urban heat island and its consequences on public health, pollution and how it can affect energy use in homes and workplaces. Moreover, in this paper it has been discussed how city and regional planners can reduce high temperatures impact on Swedish urban areas. LÄS MER