Sökning: "urban issues"
Visar resultat 1 - 5 av 709 uppsatser innehållade orden urban issues.
1. Reaching Those ‘Out-of-Reach’: An Explorative Case-Study of Fire Prevention in Vulnerable Urban Communities within Copenhagen.Master-uppsats, Lunds universitet/Riskhantering (CI)
Sammanfattning : Considering the nature of vulnerability to fires and at-risk groups, the issue is arguably a social problem where spatial analysis has allowed for a greater context, beyond the individual, to be analyzed. Furthermore, reports from fire rescue services of local safety concerns and the convergence of interest between different stakeholders has made communities disposition to fire safety increasingly relevant. LÄS MER
- Master-uppsats, SLU/Department of Landscape Architecture, Planning and Management (from 130101)
Sammanfattning : Food production and land use could be blamed for a lot of the global environmental issues present in todays society. With an ever increasing global population and steadily increasing effects of climate change, which threaten our crops, there is likely potential for issues to increase in scope and severity. LÄS MER
3. Urbaniserade människan och den biologiska mångfalden : En jämförelsestudie av grönstrukturplanerna i Kalmar och VäxjöKandidat-uppsats, Linnéuniversitetet/Institutionen för kulturvetenskaper (KV)
Sammanfattning : The purpose of this essay is to study how the animal life can be taken into account in green structure plans. The purpose is also to study the possibilities of a human need for access to animals and nature in green structure plans. LÄS MER
4. Refugeehood in Uganda’s rapidly urbanizing cities: An investigation of the South Sudanese refugees’ use of assets and community self-reliance to overcome humanitarian protection challenges in Arua city, Northern UgandaMaster-uppsats, Lunds universitet/LUMID International Master programme in applied International Development and Management; Lunds universitet/Institutionen för kulturgeografi och ekonomisk geografi
Sammanfattning : In contrast with most studies analyzing urban forced displacement in Uganda, this study moves beyond the capital Kampala to explore urban refugeehood issues in one of the country’s secondary cities. The case study investigates how a community of self-settled South Sudanese refugees living in the northern Ugandan city of Arua copes with the challenges of self-settlement, self-reliance and recognition. LÄS MER
- Master-uppsats, Lunds universitet/Institutionen för arkitektur och byggd miljö
Sammanfattning : Globally, there is an intensification of agriculture that puts high pressure on local eco-systems. Soil degradation and deforestation are some effects that in the long-term perspectives cause agricultural degradation. Still, UN projects that we would need to increase our food production by 70 per cent to supply our growing population with food. LÄS MER