Sökning: "urban morphology"
Visar resultat 1 - 5 av 55 uppsatser innehållade orden urban morphology.
- Master-uppsats, Göteborgs universitet/Institutionen för geovetenskaper
Sammanfattning : An area in Gothenburg, Sweden, representing various planning designs and microclimates, were investigated, in order to estimate how the study area manifests potential pedestrian movement patterns and urban climate conditions in terms of heat stress. The study is based on the Geographical Information System (GIS) where pedestrian movement and heat stress is calculated. LÄS MER
- Magister-uppsats, Högskolan Dalarna/Institutionen för information och teknik
Sammanfattning : The urban heat island effect is usually disregarded when considering energy-efficient measures for the built environment. This study aims to present and analyze the effect of the urban built environment on the Swedish urban climate. This analysis is done in terms of assessing the mean urban heat island and monthly average air temperature. LÄS MER
- Master-uppsats, SLU/Dept. of Crop Production Ecology
Sammanfattning : As the worlds urban population grows more and more every year, it becomes increasingly important that cities become more self-sufficient on food. Indoor vertical hydroponic farms offer a solution to this by placing the farm in an urban environment and growing plants in a controlled environment. LÄS MER
4. Assessing the potential impacts of tall buildings on a predominantly low-rise built urban environment : A case study from Västerås, SwedenMagister-uppsats, Umeå universitet/Institutionen för geografi
Sammanfattning : Tall buildings have been constructed in many cities over the world to accommodate the demographic and economic growth in urban areas. These structures, however, have been widely discussed concerning their potential negative impacts on urban life. LÄS MER
5. The Ecological and Social Effects of Gentrification and Urbanisation in Thailand's Lower Chao Phraya DeltaMaster-uppsats, Malmö universitet/Institutionen för Urbana Studier (US)
Sammanfattning : Rapid economic development and urban expansion of the Bangkok Metropolitan Region (BMR) places pressure on biomes and communities alike. In a world suffering from the increasing effects of climate change, unchecked urbanisation comes at the expense of carbon sequestrating environments. LÄS MER