Sökning: "urban narratives"
Visar resultat 1 - 5 av 45 uppsatser innehållade orden urban narratives.
1. I väntan på ett narrativ som gryr: En analys av kulturens plats inför Norra Masthuggets omvandlingKandidat-uppsats, Göteborgs universitet/Institutionen för kulturvetenskaper
Sammanfattning : Gothenburg is a city in that is currently undergoing large changes and in some aspects a significant rebranding. In Norra Masthugget, a hub for cultural industries and workers in creative fields, the city plans to erect a number of skyscrapers to house commercial businesses. LÄS MER
2. Differentiated vulnerabilities and capacities for adaptation: A case study on household adaptation to water shortage in GaboroneMaster-uppsats, Lunds universitet/Avdelningen för Riskhantering och Samhällssäkerhet
Sammanfattning : Provision of freshwater to urban residents remains a significant global challenge. A challenge whose impendent success in many regions is further threatened by climate change and urbanization projections, subsequently increasing the pressure on urban water supply. LÄS MER
3. Disciplining coal resistance : the dynamics of violence and power in disciplining the resistance against the Hambach coal mine in GermanyMaster-uppsats, SLU/Dept. of Urban and Rural Development
Sammanfattning : With climate change being one of the biggest challenges our society is faced with, resistance against fossil fuel companies is on the rise. One such example is the resistance against the Hambach coal mine close to Cologne in Western Germany which is the world’s largest opencast lignite mine. LÄS MER
4. “It’s my city and I’m not going to move away!” : Shaping a sense of being-at-home-in-the-world and seeking balance between acting and being acted upon in developing Bratislava.Master-uppsats, Uppsala universitet/Institutionen för kulturantropologi och etnologi
Sammanfattning : Bratislava, the capital of Slovakia, is undergoing a significant change of its built environment due to a massive process of development since the mid-2000s. This series of construction, destruction, transformation and modernising processes has radically transformed a central industrial locality of the city into a wholly new business-administrative district. LÄS MER
5. Gender Renovation : A case study analysis of the feminist urban development project #UrbanGirlsMovement discussing gender-transformative urban planning techniques as a means for more equal citiesMaster-uppsats, Stockholms universitet/Kulturgeografiska institutionen
Sammanfattning : This thesis is a case study analysis of the feminist urban development project #UrbanGirlsMovement discussing how gender-transformative urban planning techniques impact local girls in the Million Dwellings Program area Fittja south of Stockholm. The thesis draws on a theoretical framework of feminist geography, intersectionality, and territorial stigmatization to analyze narratives from eleven girls participating in #UrbanGirlsMovement. LÄS MER