Sökning: "urban sprawl"
Visar resultat 1 - 5 av 84 uppsatser innehållade orden urban sprawl.
- Kandidat-uppsats, SLU/Department of Landscape Architecture, Planning and Management (from 130101)
Sammanfattning : Since the 1950s, the number of cars in Sweden have grown rapidly and the car has become an important tool and source of pleasure, which many consider they could not do without. In the car-friendly urban planning ideal of the 20th century the car has been prioritized in the street space and contributed to urban sprawl. LÄS MER
- Master-uppsats, Lunds universitet/Institutionen för naturgeografi och ekosystemvetenskap
Sammanfattning : Urban Sprawl is one of the challenges to urban development in many nations. Different aspects of the phenomenon have been researched with a view to providing solutions to myriad of ills attributed to it. For any meaningful intervention, however, assessment of development to ascertain sprawl is essential. LÄS MER
3. Tätt eller brett? : en forskningsförberedande studie i effekter av kontinuerlig tätortsutglesningMaster-uppsats, SLU/Department of Landscape Architecture, Planning and Management (from 130101)
Sammanfattning : Cities are expanding at a rapid speed as the urbanisation trend continues throughout the world. Large land aerials are being claimed in favor of urban sprawl as an answer to increasing inhabitant numbers in cities. LÄS MER
- Master-uppsats, Lunds universitet/Institutionen för arkitektur och byggd miljö
Sammanfattning : Recent urban development has serious consequences such as limited space and expanded urban sprawl which lead to complex problems on the edge. Also, there is large number of urbanization where people from rural areas try to find better opportunities by moving to big cities. LÄS MER
5. A framework to determine the CO2 impact of land use change to support municipal planning : a case study in SE UppsalaMaster-uppsats, SLU/Dept. of Soil and Environment
Sammanfattning : Growing populations and urban sprawl are among the main reasons for land use changes across the world, which often occur hand in hand with deforestation, one of the largest global causes for greenhouse gas emissions and climate change. Many global regions are affected by these dynamics that occur with a rising population, one of them is Uppsala in central Sweden. LÄS MER