Sökning: "use of history"
Visar resultat 1 - 5 av 1765 uppsatser innehållade orden use of history.
- Magister-uppsats, Göteborgs universitet/Institutionen för litteratur, idéhistoria och religion
Sammanfattning : This study places the BBC series Walking with Dinosaurs (1999) in the context of the history of wildlife filmmaking in the BBC, which began in the 1950’s. Despite Walking with Dinosaurs’s use of digital animation, as opposed to mechanical objectivity, a comparison of the intentions and epistemic notions of the creators of the program to those of their predecessors reveals a historical continuity in epistemic values, as well as in ideas regarding what positions natural history programs should hold in the circulation of knowledge between the scientific community, television, journalists, and the public. LÄS MER
2. Byte av fotträ i korsvirke En intervjustudie om lyft och friläggning av fotträ i korsvirkeskonstruktionerKandidat-uppsats, Göteborgs universitet/Institutionen för kulturvård
Sammanfattning : This thesis adress the procedure for replacing the sill in south swedish timber-framed buildings, (also named korsvirke in Swedish, bindingsværk in Danish and fackwerk in German) with a focus on lifting the construction and securing the compartment filling. This knowledge has been difficult to access as it is not described to any great extent in the Swedish or Danish published literature. LÄS MER
3. Massbalans av salt, kväve och fosfor i Dynestadsjön : En pilotstudie innefattande flödesmätningar och modelleringMaster-uppsats, Uppsala universitet/Institutionen för geovetenskaper
Sammanfattning : Dynestadsjön in Gamleby, Västervik municipality, has a history of collapses due to lack ofoxygen and high levels of salt and nitrogen and phosphorus. The high levels of nutrients havegiven rise to deteriorating living conditions for aquatic organisms, at the times when a collapsehas occurred, the upper water layer has become oxygen-free, which has led to a large part oflife in the water being lost. LÄS MER
4. En kvardröjande strålglans : En studie om mystik och kabbalah i judisk liturgi i Stockholm från 1800-tal och i dagKandidat-uppsats, Högskolan Dalarna/Religionsvetenskap
Sammanfattning : This study strives to chart the occurrence of mystic and kabbalistic influences inthe textual liturgic material of Jewish prayer books - siddurim - in Stockholm,during the 19th century as well as of today. Two prayer books, both focusing onthe prayer service for sabbath and festivals, were studied and compared to amaterial corresponding to a more traditionally inclined ashkenaz liturgy. LÄS MER
5. Nikāḥ as precondition for paradise? Spiritual corporeality and al-Ghazālī’s theology of marriage in the Kitāb ādāb al-nikāḥMaster-uppsats, Lunds universitet/Centrum för teologi och religionsvetenskap
Sammanfattning : With the 11th century text Kitāb ādāb al-nikāḥ, the “Book on the Proper Conduct of Marriage”, the Islamic thinker al-Ghazālī (1056 –1111/447–504) replies to a contemporaneous debate within Sufi asceticism with a theology of nikāḥ. The text is part of his opus magnum, the “Renaissance of the Knowledge of dīn”, which aims at a renewal of Muslim piety and provides practical guidance to the male audience addressed. LÄS MER