Sökning: "vocabulary acquisition"
Visar resultat 1 - 5 av 144 uppsatser innehållade orden vocabulary acquisition.
1. The Effectiveness of Creative Writing for Motivating and Developing VocabularyAcquisitions in the ESL ClassroomUppsats för yrkesexamina på grundnivå, Malmö universitet/Institutionen för kultur, språk och medier (KSM)
Sammanfattning : This study investigates the effectiveness of adopting a Creative Writing method to motivate and develop vocabulary learning in an ESL/EFL (English as a second language/English as a foreign language) context. This research also investigates the effectiveness of adapting CW as a teaching method and its approaches for facilitating vocabulary learning for upper-secondary English students. LÄS MER
2. A quantitative study on vocabulary in English textbooks used in upper secondary schools in SwedenMagister-uppsats, Stockholms universitet/Engelska institutionen
Sammanfattning : Vocabulary plays a fundamental role in language learning acquisition. With a sufficientvocabulary, learners are able to express themselves in various ways, communicate and share their thoughts and opinions with others. In contrast, an inadequate vocabulary gives rise to misunderstanding and poor communication. LÄS MER
- Uppsats för yrkesexamina på grundnivå, Malmö universitet/Fakulteten för lärande och samhälle (LS)
Sammanfattning : This study investigates the impact that reading aloud has on receptive vocabulary for youngerlearners. It takes the current environment of English language learning within Swedish schoolsinto account and explores several language acquisition theories that are deemed instrumental indeveloping a foundation for receptive vocabulary, as well as contrasting and comparing with howthe method of reading aloud has an impact on language learning. LÄS MER
4. The role and teachers’ approaches to vocabulary acquisition at English lessons in grades 7-9 in Swedish schoolsUppsats för yrkesexamina på grundnivå, Malmö universitet/Fakulteten för lärande och samhälle (LS)
Sammanfattning : .... LÄS MER
5. Independent Project with Specialization in English Studies and Education : Efficient vocabulary acquisition through children’s literature in English preschool and primary school classroomsUppsats för yrkesexamina på grundnivå, Malmö universitet/Fakulteten för lärande och samhälle (LS)
Sammanfattning : This study investigates the efficiency of using children’s literature to support English vocabulary acquisition in a first and second language classroom context. Previous research has established that it is important for children to be given the opportunity to expand their basic vocabulary in English during their years in school, in order to assimilate the teaching in the classroom. LÄS MER