Sökning: "voter turnout"
Visar resultat 1 - 5 av 36 uppsatser innehållade orden voter turnout.
1. MELLANMÄNSKLIG TILLIT Det sociala kapitalets effekt på valdeltagande i Europaparlamentsvalet 2014Kandidat-uppsats, Göteborgs universitet/Statsvetenskapliga institutionen
Sammanfattning : Direct elections to the European Parliament have been held since 1979, but turnout rates havedeclined with each election. It is well established that socioeconomic factors play a part inindividuals’ decision to participate in elections, but what can be said about social capital andthe specific aspect of interpersonal trust? The aim of this thesis is to study if a higher level ofinterpersonal trust can have an effect on voter turnout to the European Parliament election,and if so, if a higher level of interpersonal trust can compensate for a lower level ofsocioeconomic status and effect voter turnout. LÄS MER
- D-uppsats, Handelshögskolan i Stockholm/Institutionen för nationalekonomi
Sammanfattning : This research paper examines whether socioeconomic characteristics and opinions on gender roles consistently differentiate men and women in their choices to vote and their political preferences by applying the probit model to the Polish General Social Survey and International Social Survey Programme data. The analysis shows that despite the changing times and opinions, region, place of residence and employment status can be regarded as factors driving the voter turnout among women. LÄS MER
3. Konsten att förutspå valresultat : Prognostisera resultatet av det svenska riksdagsvalet 2018 baserat på vallokalsundersökningsdataKandidat-uppsats, Uppsala universitet/Statistiska institutionen
Sammanfattning : Exit polls have had a hard time predicting election results in Sweden over the last decade. The introduction of the Sweden Democrats in the political scene has generally caused problems for polling organizations. Opinion polls have a big influence on the economic market and therefore any wrongdoing might cause a big disturbance in the economy. LÄS MER
4. Political Participation and Development : Operationalizing and testing the correlation between inclusive political institutions and economic development.Kandidat-uppsats, Uppsala universitet/Statsvetenskapliga institutionen
Sammanfattning : The purpose of this paper is to clarify the correlation between economic development and inclusive political institutions. Research in the field of development economics highlights the importance of durable institutions for sustained economic growth. Daron Acemoglu and James A. LÄS MER
5. Språk och politik – En kvantitativ studie om språkkunskaps påverkan på politiskt deltagande i afrikanska länderL2-uppsats, Lunds universitet/Statsvetenskapliga institutionen
Sammanfattning : This essay studies the effect that proficiency of an official language has on political participation. It is a quantitative study focusing on 36 African countries. Our theory stipulates that a lack of proficiency acts as a cost in a rational choice-model of political participation. LÄS MER