Sökning: "war on terror"
Visar resultat 1 - 5 av 98 uppsatser innehållade orden war on terror.
1. JÄMLIKHET OCH RESPEKTFULLA RELATIONER I KLASSRUMMET Intervjuer med högstadieelever födda i Syrien och SverigeKandidat-uppsats, Göteborgs universitet
Sammanfattning : Aims:Syrian children who have experienced the terror of civil war have happily found themselves in a peaceful Sweden, where there is a completely different value system and a different "normal" life. The purpose of this essay is to ex-amine some of these teen-agers' perception of new values and principles of gender equality and to observe the changes that have taken place in their way of thinking, especially as these children are raised according to the strict rules of Islamic-Arab tradition. LÄS MER
2. ATT ANDRAFIERA OCH STIGMATISERA TERRORISTEN - En kritisk textanalys av andrafiering och stigmatisering i kvällstidningarKandidat-uppsats, Göteborgs universitet/Institutionen för globala studier
Sammanfattning : Terrorism and the discourse about War on Terror are global challenges, which I wanted tostudy in the Swedish locality, bringing together perspectives on the issues in a new way. Theaim of this study is to analyse, compare and critically discuss how two newspapersconstructed the perpetrators of two attacks in Sweden during the 2010s, Lundin Petterssonand Akilov, using theories of othering and stigmatisation. LÄS MER
- Kandidat-uppsats, Linnéuniversitetet/Institutionen för statsvetenskap (ST)
Sammanfattning : During 1975-1989 a transnational state-terror operation was carried out by several South American states called Operation Condor. Declassified documents show that the U.S. government assisted the operation with communication and intelligence techniques. LÄS MER
4. Sanctions as a tool for compliance : A quantitative study on violations of international humanitarian law and imposition of economic sanctionsKandidat-uppsats, Uppsala universitet/Institutionen för freds- och konfliktforskning
Sammanfattning : The 1990’s did not only see the end of the Cold War, it experienced several man-made humanitarian crises, an emerging debate on the responsibility to protect, and an increased number of sanctions. All at the same time. LÄS MER
5. Humanitarian Assistance or ‘Association With Terrorists’? How U.S Antiterrorism Financing Policy De-Limit Humanitarian Organizations: A Disciplinary Power AnalysisKandidat-uppsats, Lunds universitet/Statsvetenskapliga institutionen
Sammanfattning : In this thesis, the power dynamics underpinning the relationship between USAIDfunded humanitarian organizations and U.S governmental agencies – in relation to the Global War on Terror (GWoT) - are critically investigated. To this end, a Foucauldian lens of ’disciplinary power’ is utilized to uncover U. LÄS MER