Sökning: "weapons of mass destruction"
Visar resultat 1 - 5 av 21 uppsatser innehållade orden weapons of mass destruction.
1. Varför de hatar oss och varför vi ska intervenera : En idéanalytisk studie om hur USA rättfärdigade interventionen i Irak 2001–2003Kandidat-uppsats, Linnéuniversitetet/Institutionen för kulturvetenskaper (KV)
Sammanfattning : Abstract The purpose of this study is to investigate how USA justified the military intervention of Iraq 2003 by using an idea analytical method. The source material consists of speeches led by President George W. Bush in regard to the 9/11 terror attacks and Iraq between the years 2001 and 2003. LÄS MER
2. The United States’ Enemy Image against North Korea during the Presidency of Donald J. Trump : Decision-Making at the Elite-LevelKandidat-uppsats, Linnéuniversitetet/Institutionen för statsvetenskap (ST)
Sammanfattning : The United States' enemy image of North Korea has been on its political agenda since the Korean war. Weapons of mass destruction has, since the Cold War, shown the complexity it brings on conflictual interests and decision-makers persuading efforts. LÄS MER
3. Signalspaning i Sverige och USA : En komparativ studie av skyddet för den personliga integriteten vid signalspaning i försvarsunderrättelseverksamhetUppsats för yrkesexamina på avancerad nivå, Stockholms universitet/Juridiska institutionen
Sammanfattning : The need to collect electronic communications for foreign intelligence purposes has increased in the past two decades, primarily due to the increase of international threats such as terrorism and proliferation of weapons of mass destruction. Meanwhile, digitalization and technical innovation have given rise to new possibilities for government surveillance and expanded the scope of the types of communications that may be collected. LÄS MER
4. A Eurocentric Study of New Terrorism - Assessing New Terrorism´s validity and applicability in describing European terrorism 2010-2018 using quantitative research.Kandidat-uppsats, Lunds universitet/Statsvetenskapliga institutionen
Sammanfattning : New Terrorism has been a highly regarded theory in the field of terrorism since the late 1990s, but how accurate is it in regards to European terrorism in 2010-2018? Are terrorists more lethal, primarily religious, part of transnational and decentralized organizations, and are they using CBRN-weapons? This paper uses a quantitative study, with a descriptive and retroductive approach, of all terror attacks in Europe 2010-2018, to examine New Terrorisms’ validity, and propose possible changes to the theory. I find that New Terrorism is partly correct. LÄS MER
- Kandidat-uppsats, Lunds universitet/Statsvetenskapliga institutionen
Sammanfattning : In March 2003 the Iraqi deterrence strategy came to an end. The US led coalition invaded the country, on contrary of the Security Council ́s recommendations, due to one of the deterrents most important means, weapons of mass destruction (WMD). LÄS MER