Sökning: "weather conditions"
Visar resultat 1 - 5 av 765 uppsatser innehållade orden weather conditions.
1. Trees as heat stress mitigators. The frequency of heat and cold stress in a redevelopment area in Borås, SwedenMaster-uppsats, Göteborgs universitet/Institutionen för geovetenskaper
Sammanfattning : As future climate is predicted to generate higher temperatures as well as more frequent extreme weather scenarios, it is essential to plan to mitigate the effects of climate change. In an attempt to mitigate one effect of climate change, this master’s thesis examines both the heat and cold stress at the area Pulsen in Borås Stad, both as the conditions are today, and after the implementation of a new detail plan. LÄS MER
2. CHANGES IN URBAN GREENERY DURING THE 2018 HEAT WAVE – A CASE STUDY FOR GÖTEBORG USING REMOTE SENSINGMaster-uppsats, Göteborgs universitet / Institutionen för biologi och miljövetenskap
Sammanfattning : Urban vegetation plays a crucial role in diverse urban microclimates. The numerous ecosystem services provided by vegetation, particularly trees, ensure greater quality of life and thermal comfort regulation. Yet, not all trees are immune to extreme weather events, such as droughts and heat waves, especially in cities. LÄS MER
- Master-uppsats, Lunds universitet/Teknisk mikrobiologi; Lunds universitet/Bioteknik
Sammanfattning : Climate change is changing the precipitation patterns around the globe, leading to more extreme weather events like severe drought and heavy rainfalls. These events are intrinsically related to soil moisture fluctuations, which strongly modulates carbon fluxes in terrestrial ecosystems. LÄS MER
4. Integrating Weather Conditions in Truck Route Optimization : Maximizing Utilization and Cost-effectivenessUppsats för yrkesexamina på grundnivå, Högskolan i Halmstad/Akademin för företagande, innovation och hållbarhet
Sammanfattning : Abstract The focus of the thesis is researching how to optimize a certain route, highlighting theimportance of weather conditions in the context of optimizing truck routes. Additionally, itemphasizes the goals of maximizing human utilization and cost-effectiveness. LÄS MER
5. Exploring patterns in risk factors for bark beetle attack during outbreaks triggered by drought stress with harvester data on attacked trees: A case study in Southeastern SwedenMaster-uppsats, Lunds universitet/Institutionen för naturgeografi och ekosystemvetenskap
Sammanfattning : ABSTRACT Raising temperatures and climate variability have intensified extreme weather events worldwide. These extremes can enhance and trigger possible pest outbreaks. Bark beetle attacks have become a major concern in regions with extensive spruce forest areas. Southeastern Sweden has faced repeated outbreaks resulting in widespread tree loss. LÄS MER