Sökning: "window of opportunity"
Visar resultat 1 - 5 av 79 uppsatser innehållade orden window of opportunity.
1. Switzerland: railway or aviation nation? Emission saving potential from replacing air by train travel between Switzerland and Europe and the possibilities for the Swiss government to foster this mode shift.Master-uppsats, Lunds universitet/LUCSUS
Sammanfattning : Even though flying is the most unsustainable mode of transport due to its high contribution to global climate change (global warming), it is widely used and is predicted to increase considerably in the future. This goes against the global goal to reduce greenhouse gas (GHG) emission in order to reach the two-degree target set in the Paris Agreement. LÄS MER
2. When Traditional Power Structures are Trembling : A qualitative analysis of aid agencies focus on gender roles and contribution to potential changes in those following the earthquakes in Nepal 2015.Kandidat-uppsats, Uppsala universitet/Statsvetenskapliga institutionen
Sammanfattning : This thesis examines how and to what extent humanitarian aid organizations strategically focus on gender roles following disasters, and how they contribute to potential changes in gender roles. The case selected for the study is Nepal after the 2015 earthquakes where the reports of four international humanitarian aid organizations were examined through a qualitative content analysis. LÄS MER
3. Exploring rural adolescents’ dietary diversity, ultra-processed food consumption, and relevant socio-economic correlates: a cross-sectional study from Matlab, BangladeshMaster-uppsats, Uppsala universitet/Internationell mödra- och barnhälsovård (IMCH)
Sammanfattning : Background: Bangladesh is home to 36 million adolescents with the majority living in rural areas. Adolescence presents an additional window of opportunity to correct nutritional deficits among rural Bangladeshi adolescents. A high-quality, diverse diet is pivotal in this regard. LÄS MER
- Master-uppsats, Lunds universitet/Energi och ByggnadsDesign; Lunds universitet/Institutionen för arkitektur och byggd miljö
Sammanfattning : The European commission have set targets regarding the reduction of emission of greenhouse gases, the improvement of the energy efficiency and the use of renewable resources of energy respectively by 20 % by the year of 2020. Swedish targets are even more ambitious compared to the European Commission that aims to reduce the greenhouse gas emissions by 40 %, improve the energy efficiency by 20 % and make 50 % of the energy be produced from renewable resources. LÄS MER
5. The abortion law reform in Ireland : A process-tracing study on the role of issue networks in gender policy questionsKandidat-uppsats, Uppsala universitet/Statsvetenskapliga institutionen
Sammanfattning : This thesis examines the repeal of the eight amendment of Ireland’s constitution in 2018. The thesis builds on the concept of how issue networks can succeed to push for gender policy reforms when there is a favourable opportunity context in State institutions. The fit also depends on the Church-State Relations. LÄS MER