Sökning: "women´s representation"
Visar resultat 1 - 5 av 128 uppsatser innehållade orden women´s representation.
1. DOES WOMEN'S POLITICAL EMPOWERMENT IMPROVE GENDER BALANCE IN PEACEKEEPING? A Large N Study of Troop Contributing CountriesMaster-uppsats, Göteborgs universitet/Statsvetenskapliga institutionen
Sammanfattning : Although the United Nations has officially recognized an importance of women’s participation in peacekeeping, the number of female personnel remains low; thus, scholars have been investigating the factors that may facilitate a broader inclusion of women in peacekeeping operations. In order to contribute to the existing literature on the topic, this study examines whether one specific factor, a country’s level of women’s political empowerment, has an impact on the level of gender balance in its peacekeeping troops. LÄS MER
2. Managerial representation: Are Women Better Off in the Public or the Private Sector? : A quantitative study of gender inequality in managerial authority in the Swedish welfare state service industriesMaster-uppsats, Stockholms universitet/Sociologiska institutionen
Sammanfattning : In recent decades, Sweden has seen a rapid increase in the share of health care, education and social care that is delivered by privately-owned companies. Such privatisation of welfare state services has by some of its advocators been viewed as a means to enhance gender equality in labour market outcomes; one of them being access to managerial positions. LÄS MER
3. What about women’s representation? : a case study of Bolivian horticulture markets in Buenos Aires, Argentina, and the political representation of Bolivian womenMaster-uppsats, SLU/Dept. of Urban and Rural Development
Sammanfattning : This master thesis explores the organization and representation of Bolivian communities in Argentina, as well as the social and political role of Bolivian women. Empirical evidence from a case study of Bolivian communities in two Bolivian horticulture markets outside Buenos Aires, Argentina, reveal how Bolivian women, even though responsible for the main tasks within the markets, are underrepresented in the markets’ political sphere. LÄS MER
4. We Want to Be in the Room Where it Happens : Challenges for Women's Representation in the Zambian ParliamentKandidat-uppsats, Försvarshögskolan
Sammanfattning : This essay explores the cultural and socio-economic barriers for women’s political representation in Zambian politics as well as the importance of women’s representation for their human security. Due to a Western focus on earlier research, a developing country was chosen in order to investigate any differing perspectives that would emerge. LÄS MER
- Master-uppsats, Uppsala universitet/Statsvetenskapliga institutionen
Sammanfattning : Are peace agreements more likely to include gender provisions if women participate in the peace negotiations? The international community, national governments and civil societies around the world have assumed that women’s inclusion in peace negotiations result in higher quality peace agreements, where women’s interests are better taken into consideration. To date, there is a lack of empirical underpinning of the assumption. LÄS MER