Sökning: "women’s political empowerment"
Visar resultat 1 - 5 av 19 uppsatser innehållade orden women’s political empowerment.
1. DOES WOMEN'S POLITICAL EMPOWERMENT IMPROVE GENDER BALANCE IN PEACEKEEPING? A Large N Study of Troop Contributing CountriesMaster-uppsats, Göteborgs universitet/Statsvetenskapliga institutionen
Sammanfattning : Although the United Nations has officially recognized an importance of women’s participation in peacekeeping, the number of female personnel remains low; thus, scholars have been investigating the factors that may facilitate a broader inclusion of women in peacekeeping operations. In order to contribute to the existing literature on the topic, this study examines whether one specific factor, a country’s level of women’s political empowerment, has an impact on the level of gender balance in its peacekeeping troops. LÄS MER
2. When armed politics empower women : Gender ideologies in armed groups and women’s political empowerment: Evidence from ColombiaMaster-uppsats, Uppsala universitet/Institutionen för freds- och konfliktforskning
Sammanfattning : This study aims to account for variation on women’s political empowerment in localities during wartime. I draw upon political ideologies and civilian-armed group interaction literature to argue that gender ideologies could explain why some conflict-affected areas have more women’s political empowerment than others. LÄS MER
3. ”It is something close to normal” En kvalitativ studie om aktörers syn på våld i nära relationer i UgandaKandidat-uppsats, Göteborgs universitet/Institutionen för socialt arbete
Sammanfattning : The aim of this study is to investigate and analyze how actors involved in tackling domestic violence against women in Uganda, look at issue of domestic violence, both in terms of the policies that exist in the country, and the practice that are applied. The results were analyzed through the lenses of various theoretical frameworks: the concept of patriarchy, ecological theories and theories about organizations and implementations. LÄS MER
4. Post-genocide gender equality : Understanding the gender equality process within the political sphere after the Rwandan genocide against the TutsiKandidat-uppsats, Södertörns högskola/Institutionen för naturvetenskap, miljö och teknik; Södertörns högskola/Institutionen för naturvetenskap, miljö och teknik
Sammanfattning : Inspire by article 1 of the Human Rights Declaration, which states that every human is born free and equal, this thesis highlights gender equality and the process towards political empowerment, using the example of Rwanda. A country known for being one of the world’s leading countries regarding women’s representation in the parliament. LÄS MER
5. "We became sisters, not of blood but of pain" : Women's experiences of organization and empowerment in relation to enforced disappearances in MexicoMaster-uppsats, Stockholms universitet/Latinamerikainstitutet
Sammanfattning : Enforced disappearances has been used as a repressive strategy by numerous Latin American states against tens of thousands of presumed political opponents and adversaries, starting in the 1960’s in Guatemala. In contemporary Latin America, Mexico holds the record for disappearances, both politically and non-politically motivated, with more than 30 000 cases reported since the beginning of the drug war in 2006. LÄS MER