Sökning: "wood debris"
Visar resultat 1 - 5 av 23 uppsatser innehållade orden wood debris.
- Master-uppsats, Uppsala universitet/Institutionen för biologisk grundutbildning
Sammanfattning : The biodiversity of saproxylic organisms and in the case of this study, saproxylic beetles, is dependent on the amount and quality of course woody debris (CWD) in the environment. Over the past decades the quantity of CWD in Swedish forests has increased, yet the quality has decreased, forests are managed and exploited, and old-growth forests are rarer. LÄS MER
- Master-uppsats, SLU/Dept. of Wildlife, Fish and Environmental Studies
Sammanfattning : Wildfire is a natural disturbance that creates large amounts dead wood and contribute to a landscape of different successional stages, important for biodiversity. The number of wildfires have declined in boreal Fennoscandia due to effective fire suppression. LÄS MER
3. Fjärranalys av kantzoner och död ved i Natura 2000- vattendrag : Hur har det förändrats över tid?Kandidat-uppsats, Umeå universitet/Institutionen för ekologi, miljö och geovetenskap
Sammanfattning : The forestry is the main use of forests in Sweden which results in a number of positive aspects but also a number of negative effects on our nature. Aquatic ecosystems are specifically exposed to land use by the forest industry. LÄS MER
4. Above- and belowground carbon stocks and effects of enrichment planting in a tropical secondary lowland dipterocarp rainforestMaster-uppsats, SLU/Dept. of Forest Ecology and Management
Sammanfattning : The intact tropical rainforests are rapidly being degraded and subsequently converted to other land uses, with associated greenhouse gas emissions and loss of biodiversity. It is imperative that the effects of such conversions and large-scale restoration efforts on forest structure and ecosystem services are understood to effectively be able to counteract the negative consequences of deforestation and forest degradation. LÄS MER
5. Artificial gap creation and the saproxylic beetle community : the effect of substrate properties on abundance and species richnessMaster-uppsats, SLU/Dept. of Wildlife, Fish and Environmental Studies
Sammanfattning : Coarse dead wood (CWD) and gaps are structures that have become sparse in Swedish forests as a result of forestry. This is believed to be one factor contributing to diminishing biodiversity. Because of political undertakings to preserve biodiversity, Swedish agencies and forestry companies now aim to restore these and other structures. LÄS MER