Näsbyholm - parken och de närmaste omgivningarna ur ett historiskt och nutida perspektiv

Detta är en L3-uppsats från SLU/Landscape Architecture (until 121231)

Sammanfattning: The goal of this work has been to search historical materials, to identify the park's historical development, to prepare proposals on measures and that work should be the basis for further research. The aim has been to train us in searching for and use of materials and to gain an understanding of the process of work with older plants. In the process we have sought and found materials in archives, through literary and oral sources, and email contacts. Because of its excellent location perched on an islet in the low landscape Näsbyholm was long a fortress. The old castle on Näsbyholm was from the late 1400s but the site was fortified much earlier. The islet was at this time completely surrounded by water and there was a drawbridge over the narrow waterline. The owners are liable since the late 1200s. In the 1300s the estate was held by family Galen. It has also belonged to the cathedral in Lund in 1536 but was returned to the crown. Year 1574 was Näsbyholm private and has since been passed down in families Bille, Beck and from 1744 von Blixen who later became von Blixen-Finecke. By enskiftet, the abolition of hoveriet, bundling of tenant farms and the establishment of outlying farm, agricultural land has changed. Another important change in the landscape was also when the lake was lowered. This occurred in tages. The first reduction took place in the 1790s and it continued with several reduction experiments during the early 1800s decades, which unfortunately failed. The large reduction was implemented during 1866-69 and by that large land area was won. The medieval castle that was previously on Näsbyholm was demolished in 1864 and the family lived in managing the home until 1955 when it burned down. After the fire a new main building was built at the old castle's location. During the 1790s and 1870s, other buildings such as farm buildings were added. In the 1780's are the terraces south of the castle depicted, and during the 1820s, said parks and gardens have been landscaped. By the middle of the century there were north of the castle a park with winding paths. In the 1870s drew the Danish landscape architect Henry Augustus Flindt a proposal for the park on Näsbyholm. He wanted to open up lines of sight in the dense surrounding vegetation and enhance sight lines in the more open the park by placing the vegetation along them. The plantings on the terraces, he wanted to change. He also designed a proposal for an orchard and the hot- and coldhouse. He has left behind a long list of plants delivered to Näsbyholm, including many fruit trees whose arrival of the goods is confirmed by letters. Besides the fruit trees are a lot of conifers, such as of the genus Juniperus, Taxus and Thuja mentioned. Many climbers also appear to have been climbing on the former residential building facade. However, it is difficult to get confirmation that the proposal was implemented in its entirety. In the early 1900's, the park is described as lush. The park was now extended and stretched around the house. In the south and west were productive areas which before the lakelowering were marsh. The orchard southwest of the managing house was left to the mid-1900s. A circle of lime-tree that is included in an inventory plan from 1873 was still left in the 1950s. In the 1970s, new trees in the park's northern and eastern parts were planted. Many of the trees that are the park today originates from this time but there are still some trees from the inventory plan from 1873, for example, two multiple trunks of limes, the old horse chestnut avenue and a few common ashes. In the northern section many elm trees has been taken down because of the elm disease. Here is now planted some new trees, mainly beeches. In 2004, the lake was restored which was beneficial to its biodiversity. A value to bear in mind is Näsbyholm's unique location on the hill. Arable landscape and Näsby farm are important because they represent a well-functioning agriculture with a long and interesting history. Fasaneriet shows a long tradition of hunting interest in the family. Other important elements are the avenues and the former islands of “Grandpa's memory” (“Morfars minne”). The terraces are an important part of the park like the old horse chestnut trees that remain from the avenue. Trees of special forms, such as hanging cut, vresbokar and buketträd testament to the interest that existed in the forms during the time they were planted. These trees are also a testament to the gardener's care and skill. We have not arrived at any particular restoration rinciple. The traces that remain in the park are quite fragmented. A great plan that shows how the park actually looked at a specific stage is Flindt inventory plan from 1873. Flindt's own proposal is also interesting although perhaps not being completed in its entirety. We concluded that more and more thorough investigations in the park and garden are needed in order to be able to create a full draft measure. The historical knowledge that has emerged in this case, for example, plant material and the way to place vegetation can also be used. We believe we have achieved the objectives of gathering information and identifying the park's historical development. We also hope that we have achieved the fourth goal of the work, that it should be the basis for further research. However, we have not come very far in setting up proposals for action. The purpose, we believe that we have met since we now have a better understanding of the work process to search, interpretation and use of different types of source materials. The report shows our newly obtained knowledge and hopefully it will be used as an aid for similar projects and can serve as a supplement in the archive where it can be used by future researchers.

  HÄR KAN DU HÄMTA UPPSATSEN I FULLTEXT. (följ länken till nästa sida)