Sökning: "Earth and Environmental Sciences"
Visar resultat 1 - 5 av 1045 uppsatser innehållade orden Earth and Environmental Sciences.
1. Rhetoric Techniques of Labeling of Environmentalists as "Terrorists": the Case of the Earth Liberation Front in the United States of America, 1996 – 2006Master-uppsats, Göteborgs universitet/Institutionen för globala studier
Sammanfattning : This thesis analyzes the rhetoric techniques of terrorism labeling with the focus on theEarth Liberation Front in the USA, 1996-2006. Narratives of terrorism have found extremepopularity in various dimensions of social sciences. LÄS MER
- Magister-uppsats, Lunds universitet/Geologiska institutionen
Sammanfattning : The alteration mineralogy of Svartliden, SwedenSvartliden mine is an open pit in northern Sweden close to the Skellefte field in the “Gold Line”, which is a zone associated with gold mineralization. Svartliden gold mine was discovered by amateur geologists who were prospecting after boulders that contained low sulphide contented. LÄS MER
3. Water harvesting in Erbil Governorate, Kurdistan region, Iraq : detection of suitable sites using geographic information system and remote sensingMaster-uppsats, Lunds universitet/Institutionen för naturgeografi och ekosystemvetenskap
Sammanfattning : The drought effects on Iraq, and specifically on the Kurdistan region, is on the rise due to the climate change. Management of the water resources has become necessary to solve this problem. LÄS MER
4. A dendroclimatic study at Store Mosse, South Sweden : climatic and hydrologic impacts on recent Scots Pine (Pinus sylvestris) growth dynamicsMaster-uppsats, Lunds universitet/Geologiska institutionen
Sammanfattning : Scots Pines Pinus sylvestris from the Store Mosse peat bog complex, South-Central Sweden were sampled from twelve stands at the western edge of the bog, generating three transects, and three stands from the eastern edge. The aims of the project were to correlate tree-ring widths from different locations along the bog edges of Store Mosse in order to investigate to what extent climatological parameters govern the bog-tree growth, and to determine what impact the depth of the water table has on tree-growth at the different sites along the bog edges. LÄS MER
- Kandidat-uppsats, Lunds universitet/Geologiska institutionen
Sammanfattning : The Archaean Yilgarn craton in Western Australia is a granite greenstone belt with abundant economically important mineral reserves, including several world-class gold deposits such as the giant Kalgoorlie deposit. Structural controls on gold deposition and the fact that most deposits were formed later in the craton’s tectonic history, has resulted in the general acceptance of a late-orogenic structurally-controlled model for gold mineralization in the Yilgarn craton. LÄS MER