Sökning: "informal settlements"
Visar resultat 1 - 5 av 30 uppsatser innehållade orden informal settlements.
1. Influence of Urban Form on Co-presence in Public Space : A Space Syntax Analysis of Informal Settlements in Pune, IndiaMaster-uppsats, KTH/Urbana och regionala studier
Sammanfattning : This master thesis is intended as a contribution to the understanding of the influence urban form has on urban life and by extension social structures in society, by focusing on gender relations and their reflections on the use of public space. In addition, the aim of the study is to do so in relation to a comparison between two different types of urban environments; one slum area that can be regarded as formally unplanned with an irregular gradually grown street network and one slum area of more deliberately planned character with a more regular street grid. LÄS MER
2. Security of tenure in incremental development : A case study of informal settlements in Pune, IndiaMaster-uppsats, KTH/Urbana och regionala studier
Sammanfattning : The author Mike Davis has labelled our entire globe as a planet of slums. This hesis aims to provide some insights to the research field of slum rehabilitation, and thus contribution to efforts to make our globe slum free. The United Nations states that security of tenure is one of the essential preconditions for improvements in slums. LÄS MER
- Kandidat-uppsats, Södertörns högskola/Institutionen för livsvetenskaper
Sammanfattning : This minor field study has explored what factors cause vulnerability to community members living in informal settlements exposed to localized urban flooding. Particularly, the effects of flooding that women living in Bwaise Parish III, Kampala, Uganda have to encounter were studied. LÄS MER
4. Participation in Upgrading of Informal Settlements : -a case study of the project “City In-situ Rehabilitation Scheme for Urban Poor Staying in Slums in City of Pune under BSUP, JNNURM”Master-uppsats, Stockholms universitet/Kulturgeografiska institutionen
Sammanfattning : Fyhr, Karl (2012). Participation in Upgrading of Informal Settlements -a case study of the project “City In-situ Rehabilitation Scheme for Urban Poor Staying in Slums in City of Pune under BSUP, JNNURM”. Fyhr is a student at Human Geography Department at Stockholm University. LÄS MER
5. Streetscapes: behind the scenes : perspectives of streets as place in a slum setting, and how local concepts of place are affected by political and global development interestsUppsats för yrkesexamina på avancerad nivå, SLU/Landscape Architecture (until 121231)
Sammanfattning : Planning processes are often disconnected from the experienced place on the ground. Ideologies of space, developing agendas, time constraints and budgets serve to limit the understanding of the lived world of those dwelling in an area and stand at risk to reduce it to the abstract space of maps. LÄS MER