Sökning: "the Global North"
Visar resultat 1 - 5 av 268 uppsatser innehållade orden the Global North.
1. Veganism through an intersectional lens:A study on racial perspectives in the Swedish vegan communityMaster-uppsats, Göteborgs universitet/Institutionen för globala studier
Sammanfattning : During the past decade, veganism has increased in the global North. In current debates in theU.S., the vegan community has been accused of being a white, privileged lifestyle movementthat reinforces neoliberal attitudes and colonial influences of universalism, color blindness,and capitalist consumption. LÄS MER
2. Mitigating climate change, one hamburger at a time : a discourse analysis of how MAX Burgers AB communicates their carbon offsetting — and how customers perceive itMaster-uppsats, Lunds universitet/LUCSUS
Sammanfattning : Carbon offsetting through forest sequestration in the Global South has become an increasingly common way for companies to mitigate their greenhouse gas emissions and thereby sell products and services with net zero emissions. In Sweden, fast food company MAX Burgers AB goes even further. LÄS MER
- Kandidat-uppsats, Linköpings universitet/Institutionen för fysik, kemi och biologi
Sammanfattning : Segregation, that animals of different sex and/or age do not spend time together all year round, is a common phenomenon. One example is that males and older individuals in migratory birds wintering further north. Migration time also affects the distribution of birds in the wintering area. LÄS MER
4. Bolsonaro and Social Media: A Critical Discourse Analysis of the Brazilian President’s Populist Communication on TwitterMaster-uppsats, Uppsala universitet/Institutionen för informatik och media
Sammanfattning : The present study explores Brazilian president Jair Bolsonaro’s online communication on the microblogging platform Twitter. The study aims to present the populist characteristics embedded in the president’s tweets, as well as the strategies he uses in his communication on the social media platform. LÄS MER
5. The Legal Empowerment Paradoxy? : A Critical Exploration of Power Imbalances in the Legal Empowerment Discourse from a Global North/South PerspectiveMaster-uppsats, Uppsala universitet/Statsvetenskapliga institutionen
Sammanfattning : Legal empowerment as a theoretical and practical concept has gained increasing attention in international development. Due to the shifting aid paradigm, caused by the rising of South-South cooperation, legal empowerment’s proposed bottom-up character has challenged the larger conventional top-down approaches to development that traditionally have dominated the development agenda. LÄS MER