Sökning: "Handelshögskolan i Stockholm Institutionen för nationalekonomi"
Visar resultat 1 - 5 av 761 uppsatser innehållade orden Handelshögskolan i Stockholm Institutionen för nationalekonomi.
1. Can China's Carbon Emission Trading Make a Difference? A quasi experimental analysis of the ETS pilot schemeD-uppsats, Handelshögskolan i Stockholm/Institutionen för nationalekonomi
Sammanfattning : With an aim to reduce carbon emissions and thus cope with the climate change, China initiated its Emission Trading System (ETS) in several pilot regions since 2013. In this thesis I investigate the CO2 emission reduction effect of the China ETS pilot scheme, which could serve as an important indicator to infer how the forthcoming national ETS will perform in the future. LÄS MER
2. Cyber-Speed and Scholastic Success: The Effect of Internet Inequality on Education during the COVID-19 PandemicD-uppsats, Handelshögskolan i Stockholm/Institutionen för nationalekonomi
Sammanfattning : Technology is an integral part of modern society, but not everyone has equal access or quality. While this inequity in technology, known as the digital divide, affects many aspects of people's lives, education is one prominent area. LÄS MER
3. Defending Christ and the Fatherland: A panel data analysis of the impact immigration has on the electoral outcomes of Polish far-right parties from 2001 to 2020D-uppsats, Handelshögskolan i Stockholm/Institutionen för nationalekonomi
Sammanfattning : Voting for far-right parties in Europe is linked to many reasons, among them an increased presence of migrants. Using panel data from 372 Polish counties over the years 2001-2020, I run two-way fixed effects difference-in-differences and Bartik instrument models to test whether the share of migrants in a county has an effect on the share of votes far-right parties receive in different elections - presidential, parliamentary, local, and European. LÄS MER
4. Skill-biased agglomeration economies: a spatial perspective on demand for college graduates, Sweden 2000-2019D-uppsats, Handelshögskolan i Stockholm/Institutionen för nationalekonomi
Sammanfattning : Several recent studies document that relative demand for skilled workers is becoming increasingly biased toward large cities and metropolitan regions. This development has been interpreted as suggestive evidence of increasing complementarity between skills and agglomerations of economy. LÄS MER
- D-uppsats, Handelshögskolan i Stockholm/Institutionen för nationalekonomi
Sammanfattning : This thesis examines the short-term effects of a legislative gender quota in candidate lists using evidence from local elections in Poland. In the context of open lists systems, quotas were introduced in 2018 in municipalities with proportional representation (over 20,000 inhabitants). LÄS MER