Sökning: "Christian Eng"
Visar resultat 1 - 5 av 667 uppsatser innehållade orden Christian Eng.
1. Texts and Paratexts in a Colonial Context. Krupabai Satthianadhan's English Novels 'Saguna' and 'Kamala'Master-uppsats, Göteborgs universitet/Institutionen för litteratur, idéhistoria och religion
Sammanfattning : The anglophone Indian author Krupabai Satthianadhan (1862-1894) was a second-generation Christian convert and a member of the Christian Tamil family in colonial Madras. Knowledge of English was still a high-caste male privilege when Satthianadhan published reformist articles on female education. Her two novels, the autobiographical Saguna. LÄS MER
- Kandidat-uppsats, Mittuniversitetet/Institutionen för humaniora och samhällsvetenskap
Sammanfattning : The aim of this investigation was to contribute with more knowledge concerning the learning and teaching of English vocabulary in Swedish upper secondary school in Sundsvall by answering the following research questions: Which CEFR level does each group’s vocabulary meet after29excluding K1 and K2 words? How accurate is the vocabulary production of the two groups in relation to each CEFR level? I also hypothesized that the group of students attending the Natural Science programme would be more proficient than the group attending the Economics programme since the former had studied the course English 5 longer and attend a more theoretical and advanced programme than the latter. Therefore, I gathered 30 essays from students attending the Natural Science programme at one school and 30 essays from students attending the Economics programme at another school to be analysed and compared. LÄS MER
- Kandidat-uppsats, Högskolan i Gävle/Avdelningen för humaniora
Sammanfattning : This essay will analyze the character Nash Williams from Caryl Phillips’s Crossing the River from a postcolonial and psychoanalytical perspective. The purpose is to understand how the horrors of slavery and abuse affected the psyche of Nash Williams. LÄS MER
- Magister-uppsats, Malmö universitet/Lärande och samhälle
Sammanfattning : In the world today, thousands of humans in developing countries live in metropolises and depend on garbage for their livelihoods. In Cairo, waste has been taken care of by a Christian minority group called the ‘Zabaleen’. This Bachelor thesis was conducted in Cairo and financed by a Minor Field Study scholarship in August-October 2012. LÄS MER
5. Evaluating the Importance of Disk-locality for Data Analytics Workloads : Evaluating the Importance of Disk-locality for Data Analytics WorkloadsMaster-uppsats, Uppsala universitet/Institutionen för informationsteknologi
Sammanfattning : Designing on-premise hardware platforms to deal with big data analytics should be done in a way in which the available resources can be scaled both up and down depending on future needs. Two of the main components of an analytics cluster is the data storage and computational part. LÄS MER