Sökning: "Mathematics and Statistics"
Visar resultat 1 - 5 av 901 uppsatser innehållade orden Mathematics and Statistics.
- Master-uppsats, Lunds universitet/Matematisk statistik
Sammanfattning : Millimeter wave pulsed radar has found many applications, among them hand gesture sensing, which this work has as purpose. This application has already shown good potential, , and here in this work robustness aspects are taken into account. LÄS MER
- Magister-uppsats, Lunds universitet/Statistiska institutionen
Sammanfattning : This thesis is an explorative note on the non-Gaussian innovations of the volatility process. More specifically, the thesis investigates if the decomposition of the Standard Classical Laplace (SCL) distribution to a difference of two exponential is a valid alternative to modelling the asymmetric volatility processes, taking volatility clustering, the leverage effect and asymmetric response in volatility into account. LÄS MER
- Kandidat-uppsats, Lunds universitet/Statistiska institutionen
Sammanfattning : In the Machine Learning field, more and more of the data collection is commercialised, even with monetary rewards to people and organisations for providing input data for models. Even if data collection is not associated with direct costs for the researcher, there are many cases where there are indirect, or circumstancial, costs associated with it. LÄS MER
- Master-uppsats, Lunds universitet/Matematik (naturvetenskapliga fakulteten); Lunds universitet/Matematik LTH
Sammanfattning : In this thesis we explore the connection between spectral stability and nonlinear stability of evolution equations. Using semigroup theory a result on nonlinear instability from spectral instability is proven. LÄS MER
5. När har all Sveriges skog brunnit ned? En studie över svenska skogsbränder under åren 1998 till 2018.Kandidat-uppsats, Lunds universitet/Statistiska institutionen
Sammanfattning : This thesis uses a data material from the Swedish Civil Contingencies Agency (MSB) to analyze forest fires in Sweden between 1998 and 2018. The thesis also uses weather data (precipitation and average temperature) as explanatory variables in two different regression models. LÄS MER