Sökning: "Mathematics and Statistics"
Visar resultat 1 - 5 av 965 uppsatser innehållade orden Mathematics and Statistics.
- Master-uppsats, Göteborgs universitet/Institutionen för pedagogik och specialpedagogik
Sammanfattning : Aim : In past decades, teacher practices in science teaching have changed from perceived traditional ways of teaching to more inquiry-based approaches. The driving force behind this change is the assumption of inquiry-based approach being more effective in terms of student science achievement than the traditional didactic approach. LÄS MER
- Master-uppsats, Göteborgs universitet/Graduate School
Sammanfattning : The present study concerns an innovative approach to education; applying game elements as a blended learning strategy in secondary education. An exploratory case study of a gamified mathematics course in a secondary school in Sweden was conducted. LÄS MER
- Master-uppsats, KTH/Matematisk statistik; KTH/Matematisk statistik
Sammanfattning : The implied volatility surface plays an important role for Front office and Risk Management functions at Nasdaq and other financial institutions which require mark-to-market of derivative books intraday in order to properly value their instruments and measure risk in trading activities. Based on the aforementioned business needs, being able to calibrate an end of day implied volatility surface based on new market information is a sought after trait. LÄS MER
- Kandidat-uppsats, Lunds universitet/Matematik LTH; Lunds universitet/Matematik (naturvetenskapliga fakulteten)
Sammanfattning : In this thesis we introduce some basic concepts in representation theory such as Schur’s Lemma, induced representations and M-groups. These concepts are then used in particular on a group G_96 of order 96, in order to determine its irreducible representations and its character table. LÄS MER
5. Systems of linear nonautonomous differential equations - Instability and eigenvalues with negative real partKandidat-uppsats, Lunds universitet/Matematik LTH; Lunds universitet/Matematik (naturvetenskapliga fakulteten)
Sammanfattning : For an autonomous system of linear differential equations we are able to determine stability and instability with classical criteria, by looking at the eigenvalues. If the system is stable, all the eigenvalues have negative real part and if the system is unstable, there exist at least one eigenvalue with positive real part. LÄS MER