Sökning: "Mathematics and Statistics"
Visar resultat 1 - 5 av 881 uppsatser innehållade orden Mathematics and Statistics.
1. Hierarchical Clustering of Time Series using Gaussian Mixture Models and Variational AutoencodersMaster-uppsats, Lunds universitet/Matematisk statistik
Sammanfattning : This thesis proposes a hierarchical clustering algorithm for time series, comprised of a variational autoencoder to compress the series and a Gaussian mixture model to merge them into an appropriate cluster hierarchy. This approach is motivated by the autoencoders good results in dimensionality reduction tasks and by the likelihood framework given by the Gaussian mixture model. LÄS MER
- Master-uppsats, Lunds universitet/Matematik LTH
Sammanfattning : Prostate cancer is one of the most common types of cancer for men, making proper diagnostic essential. Using machine learning as a tool to help in digital pathology has become increasingly popular and helps to limit the high intra observer variability between pathologists. LÄS MER
3. MODELING CAPITAL ASSET RETURNS ON THE SWEDISH STOCK MARKET - An evaluation of Fama French’s Five Factor Model against its predecessorsKandidat-uppsats, Lunds universitet/Statistiska institutionen
Sammanfattning : This thesis compared the explanatory rate of three asset pricing models related to excess returns on the Swedish stock market. A more granular evaluation of each model’s factors was also conducted. A random sample of 90 companies was drawn from the Stockholm Stock Exchange (N = 371) using a Blomberg terminal. LÄS MER
- Master-uppsats, Lunds universitet/Industridesign
Sammanfattning : According to the statistics from Programme for International Student Assessment (PISA) and Trends in International Mathematics and Science Study (TIMSS), a continuously declining trend is showed in Swedish kids' mathematical performance during recent years. In comparison with other OECD countries, the mathematical literacy of 15-year-old students in Sweden is almost below average. LÄS MER
- Kandidat-uppsats, Lunds universitet/Matematik LTH
Sammanfattning : The inverse tangent function can be used to approximate pi. When approximating pi, the convergence of infinite series or Products are of great importance for the accuracy in the digits in pi. This thesis will present historical Formulas used to approximate pi, especially Gregory-Leibniz and Machin's. LÄS MER