Sökning: "land grabbing"
Visar resultat 1 - 5 av 30 uppsatser innehållade orden land grabbing.
1. Investigating discouraging and encouraging emic reasons to apply eco-efficient farming methods : a participatory study with indigenous small-scale farmers in Ratanakiri, CambodiaMaster-uppsats, SLU/Department of Biosystems and Technology (from 130101)
Sammanfattning : In 2008 the most extensive evaluation of global agriculture in human history notable named “agriculture at a crossroad” was published, indicating that agroecological small-scale farming systems could be a path to follow in the future in order to secure a sustainable food supply. Yet it is claimed that there is a gap between knowledge regarding the methods used for agroecological farming and its application by farmers. LÄS MER
2. Can the Grow initiative contribute to poverty reduction and community development through agribusiness? - A case study of the African Agricultural Development Company’s irrigated farming hub”, GhanaKandidat-uppsats, Lunds universitet/Statsvetenskapliga institutionen
Sammanfattning : The current debate concerning land acquisition for commercial agriculture is whether it can contribute to poverty reduction by developing communities through successful agribusiness, or whether it leads to dispossession of traditional land users. Thus, this research is a case study of the African Agricultural Development Company (AgDevCo) and their irrigated farming hub in Babator, Ghana. LÄS MER
3. Exploring complex pathways in the climate change, vulnerability and conflict nexus in Alta Verapaz, GuatemalaMaster-uppsats, Lunds universitet/Avdelningen för Riskhantering och Samhällssäkerhet
Sammanfattning : The climate change and conflict nexus has been the focus of much debate and speculation in academic circles as well as public discourse. Much of the existing research has been undertaken by studies using quantitative methods, which intend to prove or disprove the existence of a causal relationship. LÄS MER
4. Land grabbing and its implications on rural livelihoods in Ghana and Ethiopia : a comparative studyKandidat-uppsats, Södertörns högskola/Institutionen för naturvetenskap, miljö och teknik; Södertörns högskola/Institutionen för naturvetenskap, miljö och teknik
Sammanfattning : The rush for land has escalated the last decade, with Sub-Saharan Africa as the most targeted region. Governments, local elites and foreign corporations are increasingly taking control over large areas of agricultural lands with the aim of creating higher financial returns and achieve food security. LÄS MER
- Kandidat-uppsats, Uppsala universitet/Sociologiska institutionen
Sammanfattning : To this day, land is a source of survival for billions of people around the globe. However, industrialization and the rush for natural resources has immensely commodified land. LÄS MER