Sökning: "small ruminant"
Visar resultat 1 - 5 av 10 uppsatser innehållade orden small ruminant.
1. Effects of Elaphostrongylus spp. infection on haematology and blood chemistry – in moose (Alces alces), reindeer (Rangifer tarandus), goat (Capra aegagrus hircus) and sheep (Ovis aries)Uppsats för yrkesexamina på avancerad nivå, SLU/Dept. of Anatomy, Physiology and Biochemistry
Sammanfattning : The aim with this study was to investigate the effects Elaphostrongylus alces and Elaphostrongylus rangiferi have on haematology and blood chemistry in experimentally infected animals. The nematodes of genus Elaphostrongylus spp. can cause neurologic disease, myositis, verminous pneumonia and increased mortality. LÄS MER
- Uppsats för yrkesexamina på avancerad nivå, SLU/Dept. of Clinical Sciences
Sammanfattning : Lentivirus är ett genus bestående av icke-onkogena virus i virusfamiljen Retroviridae, subfamilj Orthoretrovirinae, som karaktäriseras av lång inkubationstid, snabb mutationstakt och en omfattande motståndskraft mot värdens immunförsvar. Lentivirus som infekterar får och getter går under det gemensamma namnet small ruminant lentivirus (SRLV). LÄS MER
3. Ruminants, resilience and poverty : assessing the socioeconomic role of small ruminants in the pastoral areas of Northeastern UgandaMaster-uppsats, SLU/Dept. of Urban and Rural Development
Sammanfattning : Small ruminants (goats and sheep) are of great importance for the livelihoods of pastoralists, agro-pastoralists, and the small holder poor in rural Uganda. However, their socioeconomic role is often overlooked in the general statistics on rural and household economies. LÄS MER
4. Cross-sectional study of Anaplasma spp. in goats and sheep in Mongolia : a comparison between species in relationship to pasture conditionsUppsats för yrkesexamina på avancerad nivå, SLU/Dept. of Clinical Sciences
Sammanfattning : Anaplasma ovis, the main aetiology behind of ovine and caprine anaplasmosis, is a vector-borne bacterium of the order Rickettsiales, capable of infecting erythrocytes of small ruminants. The infection is generally a subclinical or mild condition, but stress-factors as co-infections, vaccinations, or transports may aggravate the disease. LÄS MER
5. Urban Agriculture in Thika, Kenya: the case of Small Ruminant Production in the Perspective of the Sustainable Livelihood FrameworkMaster-uppsats, Lunds universitet/Graduate School
Sammanfattning : Despite the millenary practice of urban agriculture (UA) in Sub-Saharan African (SSA) cities, research conducted on the topic is much more recent and still little is known on the impact UA has on the engaged households in terms of food security, nutrition and health. The overall picture that emerges from the literature is one of stark contrasts; some advocate UA as a tool of empowerment, capable to eradicate hunger and poverty for the most vulnerable, while others do not consider UA as a way for sustainable development. LÄS MER