Sökning: "space electric propulsion"
Visar resultat 1 - 5 av 11 uppsatser innehållade orden space electric propulsion.
- Master-uppsats, KTH/Skolan för elektroteknik och datavetenskap (EECS)
Sammanfattning : As electric propulsion is now the focus in the space industry, its negativeeffects on the spacecraft have yet to be fully understood. Indeedthis type of propulsion deeply modifies the ambient plasma surroundingthe spacecraft and can affect severely many subsystems by erosion,charging or contamination. LÄS MER
- Master-uppsats, KTH/Optimeringslära och systemteori
Sammanfattning : The use of electric propulsion is a watershed in the space field. Indeed, due to its eÿciency in term of mass consumption, the actors of the space industries see in this piece of technology a means to manufacture lighter satellites and to launch them at lower cost. LÄS MER
3. Low–voltage External Discharge Plasma Thruster and Hollow Cathodes Plasma Plume Diagnostics Utilising Electrostatic Probes and Retarding Potential AnalyserMaster-uppsats, Luleå tekniska universitet/Rymdteknik
Sammanfattning : The present thesis is the result of a research period at the Institute of Space and Astronautical Science of the Japanese Aerospace Exploration Agency, ISAS/JAXA within Funaki Laboratory of the Department of Space Flight Systems that followed the path of plume plasma diagnostics for space electric propulsion drives. During the experimental studies two high-current hollow cathodes and an innovative prototype of a low-voltage fully external discharge plasma thruster (XPT) had their plasma plumes diagnosed using electrostatic probes and retarding potential analyser (RPA). LÄS MER
- Master-uppsats, KTH/Skolan för elektro- och systemteknik (EES)
Sammanfattning : In this thesis, the feasibility to integrate an brake disc and electric machine is investigated. In wheel motors (IWMs) have several advantages, such as saving space in the vehicle, individual and direct control at the wheels and the absence of a mechanical transmission. LÄS MER
5. A simulation of the propellant storage for a ice-propelled microresistojet engine : Development, verification and validation of a numerical model for the characteristics of a sublimation tank to be used as the propellant storage subsystem for a ice-propelled microresistojet engineMaster-uppsats, KTH/Skolan för elektro- och systemteknik (EES)
Sammanfattning : An innovative design for a new type of propulsion sys-tem using sublimating water in solid form as reaction mass, accelerated via a Micro Electric Mechanical System (MEMS) Heater Chip, is currently being developed at the Space Sys-tems Engineering Department at Technische Universiteit Delft in the Netherlands. The aim of the thesis is to char-acterise the propellant storage and gain insight into the physics present in the engine. LÄS MER