Sökning: "FGM C"
Visar resultat 1 - 5 av 10 uppsatser innehållade orden FGM C.
1. Kvinnlig könsstympning - En litteraturöversikt om kvinnlig könsstympning och kvinnornas erfarenheter av defibulation och klitorisrekonstruktionKandidat-uppsats, Göteborgs universitet/Institutionen för medicin
Sammanfattning : Background: Female genital mutilation (FGM/C) is a global public health problem that violates the human rights, as stated in the Universal Declaration of human rights by the United Nations. Despite the major health problems that occurs as a consequence of FGM/C is the area sparsely researched. LÄS MER
- Kandidat-uppsats, Lunds universitet/Statsvetenskapliga institutionen
Sammanfattning : This thesis examines how moral discourse concerning FGM/C is articulated by the NGOs Amazonian Initiative Movement (AIM) and Advocacy Movement Network (AMNet) and with what consequences. It is a case study about these two organisations which uses content analysis as the main data collecting and analysing strategy. LÄS MER
- Kandidat-uppsats, Malmö universitet/Hälsa och samhälle
Sammanfattning : Over 200 million women and girls alive today have been victims of Female Geni-tal Mutilation / Cutting, and another 3,6 million are at risk every year. This tradi-tional practice is widespread and has gained a lot of attention from Non-governmental organizations, scholars and medical professionals around the world, stating warnings about the harmful effects. LÄS MER
4. Behind Closed Doors: From an Open Celebration to a Secret Practice : An Ethnographic Study of the Meaning and Function of Female Genital Mutilation/Circumcision in Singida, TanzaniaMaster-uppsats, Uppsala universitet/Teologiska institutionen
Sammanfattning : This research examines the practice of Female Genital Mutilation/Circumcision (FGM/C) as a social phenomenon in Singida Region, Tanzania. The aim is to contribute to a deepened cultural anthropological understanding of the function and meaning behind the practice in Singida, and how it reacts to external factors of change, such as human rights-based laws and projects aiming to eradicate FGM/C. LÄS MER
5. "It starts with you" - A qualitative study about Samburu men’s perspective, change of mind and involvement in ending Female Genital Mutilation/Cutting in Samburu, Kenya.Kandidat-uppsats, Lunds universitet/Socialhögskolan
Sammanfattning : The aim of this qualitative field study was to investigate and analyse Samburu men’s perspective on Female Genital Mutilation/Cutting (FGM/C) in Samburu, Kenya. The chosen subjects to examine were the men’s perspective of the practice of FGM/C itself, the process of change of mind and their involvement in ending FGM/C. LÄS MER