Sökning: "Languages and Literatures"
Visar resultat 1 - 5 av 2021 uppsatser innehållade orden Languages and Literatures.
1. All You Need Is LOVE: Applying Conceptual Metaphor Theory to the Beatles' Song Lyrics - A Comparative StudyKandidat-uppsats, Lunds universitet/Engelska
Sammanfattning : This essay analyses conceptual metaphors in the Beatles’ song lyrics and observes how Lennon and McCartney’s use of metaphorical concepts evolved in the 1960’s. The study has an empirical and qualitative approach with quantitative elements, and employs the framework of Conceptual Metaphor Theory (CMT). LÄS MER
2. “A sickness that could kill a dozen pigs in a single day”: An ecocritical approach to Kazuo Ishiguro’s The Buried GiantKandidat-uppsats, Lunds universitet/Engelska
Sammanfattning : This essay will analyze Kazuo Ishiguro’s fantasy (or anti-fantasy) novel The Buried Giant (2016) from an ecocritical approach, with the aspiration to commence an ecocritical dialogue regarding the novel, which, at the time writing this, is non-existent. The first part of the analysis examines the portrayal of nature in The Buried Giant. LÄS MER
3. Cognate effects in intra-sentential codeswitching in trilinguals - evidence from a read-aloud taskMaster-uppsats, Lunds universitet/Masterprogram: Språk och språkvetenskap; Lunds universitet/Allmän språkvetenskap
Sammanfattning : This thesis examines the effect of cognates on codeswitching in planned speech production in trilinguals, which has previously been unexplored. Previous studies on cognates and codeswitching have primarily focused on cognate facilitation effects in spontaneous speech in bilinguals. LÄS MER
4. The Squads relation till ”the Jurassic Jerk” : en retorisk studie om politiskt semantiskt våld på TwitterKandidat-uppsats, Lunds universitet/Retorik
Sammanfattning : Twitter took off as a political tool with the 2016 election and it became a space for personal attacks directed to and between politicians. This study focuses on the Squad, four female politicians representing minorities and their use of Twitter in the months before the US election of 2020. LÄS MER
- Kandidat-uppsats, Lunds universitet/Spanska
Sammanfattning : .... LÄS MER