Sökning: "Languages and Literatures"
Visar resultat 1 - 5 av 1764 uppsatser innehållade orden Languages and Literatures.
1. A Golden, Empty Shell: The Depiction of Venice in Henry James's "Travelling Companions", The Aspern Papers and The Wings of the DoveKandidat-uppsats, Lunds universitet/Engelska
Sammanfattning : Henry James had a thirty-year-long relationship with the city of Venice, which made it possible for him to develop a profound knowledge of the city's architecture and art. James's interest in 'The Floating City' is reflected in three of his works that are set there, namely, "Travelling Companions" (1870), The Aspern Papers (1888) and The Wings of the Dove (1902). LÄS MER
- Kandidat-uppsats, Lunds universitet/Engelska
Sammanfattning : The writer, farmer, Christian pacifist, and “eco-poet” Wendell Berry has written and published novels, essays, and poetry since early 1960s. Examples of recurring themes in Berry’s literary work are the close relationship between farmer and the earth, the importance of belonging to a place/community, and having trust in the Creation. LÄS MER
- Kandidat-uppsats, Lunds universitet/Allmän språkvetenskap
Sammanfattning : A study on the online process of producing idioms in writing and how second language learners manage the production and comprehension of idioms may provide a useful and comprehensive investigation of the production, comprehension and acquisition of language. The study in this paper investigated how Swedish (L1) second language learners of English (L2) produce and comprehend written idioms in the L2. LÄS MER
- Kandidat-uppsats, Lunds universitet/Retorik
Sammanfattning : Följande uppsats undersöker hur ett flertydigt språkbruk kan påbjuda oönskade följder och reaktioner. Som exempel på flertydigt språkbruk undersöks biografier tillägnade Sveriges riksdags åtta partiledare. LÄS MER
5. “Two brains are often better than one, probably”: Adult ESL learners’ paired and individual lexical inferencing task performances, in relation to L2 proficiencyMaster-uppsats, Lunds universitet/Masterprogram: Språk och språkvetenskap
Sammanfattning : This research concerns lexical inferencing (LI), i.e., the ability to infer the meaning of unknown words in a running text (Haastrup, 1991). Despite its advantages, there is little research on LI as a collaborative effort. LÄS MER