Sökning: "Earth and Environmental Sciences"
Visar resultat 1 - 5 av 2849 uppsatser innehållade orden Earth and Environmental Sciences.
- Master-uppsats, Lunds universitet/Internationella miljöinstitutet
Sammanfattning : Overconsumption of clothes is a global environmental and social problem, where 80 billion new clothing is produced each year. Efficiency measures have focused on improving resource efficiency on the production side and improving clothing care on the consumer side. However, literature shows that these measures are not enough. LÄS MER
- Master-uppsats, Lunds universitet/Miljövetenskaplig utbildning
Sammanfattning : Åre municipality, a well-known skiing resort in Sweden, has been classified as a primary risk area for landslides, due to a combination of global warming and increased pressure from expansion. The purpose of this study is to explore options to strengthen climate adaptation planning and reduce vulnerability in Åre. LÄS MER
3. Geographical expansion rate of a brown bear population in Fennoscandia and the factors explaining the directional variationsMaster-uppsats, Lunds universitet/Institutionen för naturgeografi och ekosystemvetenskap
Sammanfattning : The brown bears, Ursus arctos L., in the Scandinavian peninsula were distributed in almost all counties before aimed reduction during the 1700-1900s (Swenson et al. 1995). From 1981-2013 the population increased more than five times (Chapron et al. LÄS MER
4. Från motvind till medvind: Hur införandet av en socioekonomisk konsekvensbeskrivning kan öka den kommunala acceptansen för vindkraft i Sverige.Master-uppsats, Lunds universitet/Miljövetenskaplig utbildning
Sammanfattning : Due to climate change, the transition to renewable energy systems has become increasingly urgent, and wind power has been identified as a significant facilitator in the transition of Swedens energy system. However, the rapid development of wind power has resulted in increased levels of local resistance, where the socioeconomic consequences on local communities have been highlighted by politicians, municipalities, and other stakeholders. LÄS MER
5. The role of stakeholders in a transition toward advanced corporate sustainability: A representation of the European wind power industry and the case of Vestas Wind Systems A/SMaster-uppsats, Lunds universitet/Internationella miljöinstitutet
Sammanfattning : The wind power industry has long remained passive on broader sustainability issues, grounded in the perception that the industry is inherently linked with environmental sustainability. Within the past 5 years, there has been a dramatic change in the stakeholder and corporate perception of sustainability. LÄS MER