Sökning: "Earth and Environmental Sciences"
Visar resultat 1 - 5 av 3049 uppsatser innehållade orden Earth and Environmental Sciences.
1. Station-level demand prediction in bike-sharing systems through machine learning and deep learning methodsMaster-uppsats, Lunds universitet/Institutionen för naturgeografi och ekosystemvetenskap
Sammanfattning : Public Bike-Sharing systems have been employed in many cities around the globe. Shared bikes are an efficient and convenient means of transportation in advanced societies. Nonetheless, station planning and local bike-sharing network effectiveness can be challenging. LÄS MER
- Kandidat-uppsats, Lunds universitet/Centrum för miljö- och klimatvetenskap (CEC)
Sammanfattning : This study investigates concentrations of eight metals (Cu, Zn, Cd, Pb, Hg, Cr, Ni, As) in the freshwater resource Lake Vomb, located in the south of Sweden (Scania), and explores the potential use of deformed Chironomidae larvae as bioindicator. Sediment samples from six locations were analysed against threshold values from the Swedish Agency for Marine and Water Management and background values from the Swedish Environmental Protection Agency. LÄS MER
3. Land cover classification using machine-learning techniques applied to fused multi-modal satellite imagery and time series dataMaster-uppsats, Lunds universitet/Institutionen för naturgeografi och ekosystemvetenskap
Sammanfattning : Land cover classification is one of the most studied topics in the field of remote sensing, involving the use of data from satellite sensors to analyze and categorize different land surface types. There are numerous satellite products available, each offering different spatial, spectral, and temporal resolutions. LÄS MER
4. Integrating Local Knowledge into the Spatial Analysis of Wind Power: The case study of Northern Tzoumerka, GreeceMaster-uppsats, Lunds universitet/Institutionen för naturgeografi och ekosystemvetenskap
Sammanfattning : Increasing demand for incorporating renewable energy projects into the national energy mix, is associated with international and European efforts to tackle the negative effects of climate change and strengthen energy resilience. Greece, as a member country of the European Union, has acknowledged that necessity, by implementing a national program aiming to significantly reduce Green House Gas Emissions and upscale Renewable Energy Sources (RES) project development in upcoming years. LÄS MER
- Master-uppsats, Lunds universitet/Centrum för miljö- och klimatvetenskap (CEC)
Sammanfattning : The effects of climate change are resulting in harmful impacts — known as loss and damage — hitting the most vulnerable countries the hardest. At COP27 in Sharm el- Sheikh, a new “loss and damage fund” was agreed upon, creating history within the international climate change policy arena. LÄS MER