Sökning: "Earth and Environmental Sciences"
Visar resultat 1 - 5 av 2583 uppsatser innehållade orden Earth and Environmental Sciences.
1. Spatio-temporal drought characteristics in the Limpopo basin from 1918 to 2018 - A case study based on analysis of the Standardized Precipitation Evaporation Index (SPEI)Master-uppsats, Lunds universitet/Institutionen för naturgeografi och ekosystemvetenskap
Sammanfattning : The identification of the characteristics of drought are of great importance in water resources planning and management. This study explored the characteristics of drought at Limpopo River Basin (LRB) from 1918 to 2018. LÄS MER
- Kandidat-uppsats, Lunds universitet/Miljövetenskaplig utbildning
Sammanfattning : The critically endangered Sumatran rhinoceros (Dicerorhinus sumatrensis) has, due to previous hunting and habitat loss, diminished to a few non-viable and fragmented populations. Despite a relatively large amount of conservation efforts during the last 30 years, numbers are still declining. LÄS MER
3. Dynamics of net primary production and food availability in the aftermath of the 2004 and 2007 desert locust outbreaks in Niger and YemenMaster-uppsats, Lunds universitet/Institutionen för naturgeografi och ekosystemvetenskap
Sammanfattning : The knowledge of desert locust plagues goes back to biblical times but it is just as relevant in 2020 with an ongoing outbreak in East Africa and the Middle East. The locusts pose a threat to agriculture, and by extent food availability, due to their high appetite, diverse diet and ability to migrate long distances in large swarms. LÄS MER
- Master-uppsats, Lunds universitet/Institutionen för naturgeografi och ekosystemvetenskap
Sammanfattning : Yellow rust (Puccinia striiformis f. sp. Tritici) is a crop disease caused by a fungus that regularly infects wheat and causes yield loss in Ethiopia. The disease has a significant impact on the country’s crop production, food security, health, and socioeconomic well-being. LÄS MER
5. Be better than nationalism: overcoming economic inequality for international solidarity. Using social movement theory to deconstruct the cultural ideology of the Alternative for GermanyMaster-uppsats, Lunds universitet/LUCSUS
Sammanfattning : This thesis advocates for the evaluation of current sociopolitical conflicts through the lens of social movement theory, as a decisive path to deconstruct the premises of the German right-wing party Alternative for Germany (Alternative für Deutschland, AfD). The party is conceptualized as an institutionalized social movement, which is insufficiently answering public material grievances caused by economic inequality with the cultural response of nationalistic solidarity. LÄS MER