Sökning: "Earth and Environmental Sciences"
Visar resultat 1 - 5 av 2665 uppsatser innehållade orden Earth and Environmental Sciences.
- Kandidat-uppsats, Lunds universitet/Industridesign
Sammanfattning : Japanese knotweed, or Parkslide in Swedish, is considered one of the world’s most invasive species. The aim of this project was to explore and investigate the possibility of utilizing this alternative material, and by doing so, help restrict and limit the expansion of the plant. LÄS MER
2. Carta ex Machina: Testing object-based machine learning and unsupervised classification in land use change detection mapping in the semi-arid governorate of Sidi Bouzid, TunisiaKandidat-uppsats, Lunds universitet/Institutionen för naturgeografi och ekosystemvetenskap
Sammanfattning : Sidi Bouzid, Tunisia is an inland governorate in Tunisia that has undergone a rapid agricultural and urban development since the Tunisian independence in 1952 from being a rural and largely nomadic region into a hub of irrigated agriculture. In 2010 Mohamed Bouazizi sparked the Tunisian revolution by lighting himself on fire int he city of Sidi Bouzid, with some blaming the inequality and water scarcity created by this rapid expansion in the irrigation farming as an important cause (Bayat, 2017; Malka, 2018). LÄS MER
- Magister-uppsats, Lunds universitet/Miljövetenskaplig utbildning
Sammanfattning : A linear consumption model has long operated in several social structures, which is often referred to as the “take-make-waste” model and does not take into account the physical limit of resources. This has become a growing problem, not least in the construction sector as they use more resources and produce more waste than any other industrial sector. LÄS MER
4. Spatio-temporal drought characteristics in the Limpopo basin from 1918 to 2018 - A case study based on analysis of the Standardized Precipitation Evaporation Index (SPEI)Master-uppsats, Lunds universitet/Institutionen för naturgeografi och ekosystemvetenskap
Sammanfattning : The identification of the characteristics of drought are of great importance in water resources planning and management. This study explored the characteristics of drought at Limpopo River Basin (LRB) from 1918 to 2018. LÄS MER
- Kandidat-uppsats, Lunds universitet/Miljövetenskaplig utbildning
Sammanfattning : The critically endangered Sumatran rhinoceros (Dicerorhinus sumatrensis) has, due to previous hunting and habitat loss, diminished to a few non-viable and fragmented populations. Despite a relatively large amount of conservation efforts during the last 30 years, numbers are still declining. LÄS MER