Sökning: "Geographical Information Systems"
Visar resultat 1 - 5 av 181 uppsatser innehållade orden Geographical Information Systems.
1. A Spatial Analysis of Homicide Crime’s Distribution and Association with Deprivation in Stockholm Between 2010-2017Master-uppsats, Lunds universitet/Institutionen för naturgeografi och ekosystemvetenskap
Sammanfattning : A Spatial Analysis of Homicide Crime’s Distribution and Association with Deprivation in Stockholm Between 2010-2017 Homicide crimes are rare events depending on numerous factors and tend to be distributed differently based on geographic location. The use of spatial analysis is substantively important for detecting different predictors in varying geographic areas and for the diffusion process of homicide crimes. LÄS MER
2. Assessing evolution of ice caps in Suðurland, Iceland, in years 1986 - 2014, using multispectral satellite imageryMaster-uppsats, Lunds universitet/Institutionen för naturgeografi och ekosystemvetenskap
Sammanfattning : The study focuses on the application of multispectral satellite imageries in glaciological studies. It aims to assess how the Icelandic glaciers have evolved over the last decades (from the 1980s to 2014). The study area covers Mýrdalsjökull and Eyjafjallajökull ice caps located in Suðurland, Iceland. LÄS MER
3. Impacts of future sea level rise and high water on roads, railways and environmental objects: a GIS analysis of the potential effects of increasing sea levels and highest projected high water in Scania, SwedenMaster-uppsats, Lunds universitet/Institutionen för naturgeografi och ekosystemvetenskap
Sammanfattning : This study uses GIS analyses to investigate the risk that increasing sea levels and highest projected highwater pose by increasing the risk of inundation on state-owned roads and railways as well as environmental objects in their side areas. This is done through an assessment of sea level rise projections and a risk analysis, which points out where vulnerable features are located and provides timeframes and durations for the risk. LÄS MER
4. A GIS-Based Multicriteria Decision Analysis Approach on Wind Power Development: the Case Study of Nova Scotia, CanadaMagister-uppsats, Uppsala universitet/Institutionen för geovetenskaper
Sammanfattning : The growing need for reducing the negative impacts of climate change and ensuring a constant and environmentally friendly energy supply, led the way to the exploitation of renewable energy sources. Canada has already acknowledged this trend by incorporating more power from renewables on its energy mix. LÄS MER
5. Investigation of E-health solutions for chronic diseases and the cost benefits in Swedish Regions/County councilsMagister-uppsats, Blekinge Tekniska Högskola/Institutionen för industriell ekonomi; Blekinge Tekniska Högskola/Institutionen för industriell ekonomi
Sammanfattning : Swedish healthcare is facing major challenges both today but more critically looking at predictions for the next 20 years. Healthcare costs will increase dramatically and competent personnel to support all the needs will be lacking. LÄS MER