Sökning: "Parametric modelling"
Visar resultat 1 - 5 av 89 uppsatser innehållade orden Parametric modelling.
1. Modelling rare events using non-parametric machine learning classiers - Under what circumstances are support vector machines preferable to conventional parametric classiers?Kandidat-uppsats, Göteborgs universitet/Institutionen för nationalekonomi med statistik
Sammanfattning : Rare event modelling is an important topic in quantitative social science research. However, despite the fact that traditional classiers based upon general linear models (GLM) might lead to biased results, little attention in the social science community is devoted to methodological studies aimed at alleviating such bias, even fewer of them have considered the use of machine learning methods to tackle analytical problems imposed by rare events. LÄS MER
- Kandidat-uppsats, Uppsala universitet/Tillämpad mekanik; Uppsala universitet/Tillämpad mekanik; Uppsala universitet/Tillämpad mekanik
Sammanfattning : Wood is a complex organic orthotropic viscoelastic material with acellular structure. When stressed, wood will deform over timethrough a process called creep. Creep affects all wooden structureand can be difficult, time-consuming and expensive to measure. For this thesis, a simple computer model of the woodenmicrostructure was developed. LÄS MER
- Master-uppsats, Lunds universitet/Avdelningen för Brandteknik
Sammanfattning : A knowledge of far field temperatures is valuable for Performance Based Design structural analysis and life safety analysis, where a parametric study is needed. A fire model using multiple zones called a multi zone (MZ) fire model has in previous studies shown good potential as an analytical tool for predicting far field temperatures in large compartments. LÄS MER
4. Parametric Studies of Train-Track-Bridge Interaction : An evaluation of the dynamic amplification due to track irregularities for freight transportMaster-uppsats, KTH/Bro- och stålbyggnad
Sammanfattning : In this thesis a train-track-bridge interaction (TTBI) model is developed in order to study the dynamic amplification from track irregularities on railway bridges traversed by freight trains. These simulations are of great importance since rail freight transport is expected to increase in order to meet the climate goals. LÄS MER
5. Urban infrastructure inundation risk from permanent sea-level rise scenarios in London (UK), Bangkok (Thailand) and Mumbai (India): A comparative analysisMaster-uppsats, Lunds universitet/Institutionen för naturgeografi och ekosystemvetenskap
Sammanfattning : Due to anthropogenically created climate change, global cities are facing inundation by rising sea levels. This study aimed to fill knowledge gaps in understanding the exposure of urban infrastructure such as roads, railways, buildings and parks to sea-level rise (SLR) scenarios, and how this would affect local populations. LÄS MER