Sökning: "food availability"
Visar resultat 1 - 5 av 217 uppsatser innehållade orden food availability.
1. Dynamics of net primary production and food availability in the aftermath of the 2004 and 2007 desert locust outbreaks in Niger and YemenMaster-uppsats, Lunds universitet/Institutionen för naturgeografi och ekosystemvetenskap
Sammanfattning : The knowledge of desert locust plagues goes back to biblical times but it is just as relevant in 2020 with an ongoing outbreak in East Africa and the Middle East. The locusts pose a threat to agriculture, and by extent food availability, due to their high appetite, diverse diet and ability to migrate long distances in large swarms. LÄS MER
2. Direct and indirect effects of roe deer (Capreolus capreolus) herbivory on an island population of Chequered blue butterfly (Scolitantides orion).Master-uppsats, Uppsala universitet/Institutionen för biologisk grundutbildning
Sammanfattning : Herbivory by ungulates is a known agent of disturbance in many ecological systems around the globe. At high abundances and through a selective foraging behaviour herbivory may inflict significant direct and indirect effects on local plant and animal communities. LÄS MER
3. Difference in distribution between the White-tailed eagle and the Steller's sea eagle on their wintering grounds. : On Hokkaido, Japan.Master-uppsats, Uppsala universitet/Institutionen för biologisk grundutbildning
Sammanfattning : The White-tailed eagle (H. albicilla) and the Steller's sea eagle (H. pelagicus) overwinter in the same region of Japan: North-western Hokkaido. LÄS MER
4. Quantifying the state of the coral reef ecosystem in relation to biophysical benthic and pelagic indicators and biological drivers of change in the Saba National Marine Park, Dutch CaribbeanMaster-uppsats, SLU/Dept. Of Aquatic Resources
Sammanfattning : Coral reefs are experiencing large scale degradation. Motivated by the need for regular data monitoring and for quantification of the state and change of benthic and pelagic organisms, the Global Coral Reef Monitoring Network protocol was executed on 18 dive sites in fished and unfished areas around the island of Saba in the Saba National Marine Park (SNMP) in the Dutch Caribbean from March to May 2019. LÄS MER
5. Azelio’s Thermal Battery for Combined Heat and Power : A Thermo-economic and Market Research StudyMaster-uppsats, KTH/Skolan för industriell teknik och management (ITM)
Sammanfattning : The objective of this thesis was to assess the market opportunities for two novel Carnot battery system solutions, one supplying power and low temperature heat as well as a system supplying medium temperature heat exclusively. To fulfill the objective, a methodology was developed and implemented to investigate the market potential, further two techno-economic models were developed and utilized to investigate the performance of such Carnot battery solutions. LÄS MER