Sökning: "saltwater intrusion"
Visar resultat 1 - 5 av 16 uppsatser innehållade orden saltwater intrusion.
1. Saltwater Intrusion in Fractured Crystalline Bedrock Aquifer. - A Case Study on Koster Islands, SW SwedenMaster-uppsats, Göteborgs universitet/Institutionen för geovetenskaper
Sammanfattning : Saltwater intrusion (SWI) is one of the significant threats in many coastal areas, mainly drivenby anthropogenic hazards (over-pumping) and climate change (sea level rise). So far, there havebeen extensive research and techniques to understand and minimize SWI. LÄS MER
2. Groundwater chemistry evaluation and a GIS-based approach for determining groundwater potential in Mörbylånga, SwedenMaster-uppsats, Lunds universitet/Geologiska institutionen
Sammanfattning : Recently, several regions in southern Sweden suffered extremely low groundwater levels following a long-term infrequency in rainfall. In response, irrigation was banned in many of the affected municipalities during 2016–2017, amongst which Mörbylånga municipality was one. LÄS MER
3. Investigation of the origin of salt in coastal aquifers and assessment of metals in the aquatic environment : River Drin and River Vjosa, AlbaniaMaster-uppsats, KTH/Vatten- och miljöteknik; KTH/Vatten- och miljöteknik
Sammanfattning : The preservation of freshwater aquifers is one important task of managing natural resources today. Intrusion of saltwater from the sea into the groundwater might occur in coastal-near areas and can affect the freshwater quality negatively. LÄS MER
- Master-uppsats, KTH/Hållbar utveckling, miljövetenskap och teknik
Sammanfattning : Small Island Developing States (SIDS) are amongst the most vulnerable states in the world. They are subject to a number of stresses including economical, climatic and spatial restraints. This thesis investigates the effects that certain critical ‘stresses’ will have on the groundwater reserves of SIDS. LÄS MER
5. A Risk Assessment Analysis : The risk of saltwater intrusion into freshwater wells and the effects of a futuresea level rise on the Baltic Sea island of ÖlandKandidat-uppsats, Stockholms universitet/Institutionen för naturgeografi
Sammanfattning : Freshwater is essential for a functional society and the human well-being. However, it should not be taken for granted. Freshwater aquifers in coastal are subject to current and future risk of becoming saltwater contaminated – reaching a tipping point. Freshwater security on islands is vulnerable. LÄS MER