Sökning: "Agriculture and Food Sciences"
Visar resultat 1 - 5 av 298 uppsatser innehållade orden Agriculture and Food Sciences.
- Kandidat-uppsats, Lunds universitet/Industridesign
Sammanfattning : Japanese knotweed, or Parkslide in Swedish, is considered one of the world’s most invasive species. The aim of this project was to explore and investigate the possibility of utilizing this alternative material, and by doing so, help restrict and limit the expansion of the plant. LÄS MER
2. Decolonial Resistance in Agriculture: The Role of Spirituality in the Work of Food Sovereignty Organizations in MexicoKandidat-uppsats, Lunds universitet/Institutionen för kulturgeografi och ekonomisk geografi
Sammanfattning : Recent decades have exposed the crisis inherent in the globalized agriculture system characterized by nature commodification, trade liberalization, corporatization and environmental destruction. The crisis is driven by a colonial and neoliberal-capitalist ideology grounded in the supposed universality of western knowledge. LÄS MER
3. Alkaline Protein Extraction of Oat Bran and Oat Endosperm Flour - the Effect of pH during Extraction and PrecipitationMaster-uppsats, Lunds universitet/Livsmedelsteknik och nutrition (master)
Sammanfattning : An increased understanding of the negative impacts of animal-based proteins, on both environment and health, has led to a rise in the demand for plant-based proteins. To meet the demands, conventional crops must be efficiently utilized. LÄS MER
4. Dynamics of net primary production and food availability in the aftermath of the 2004 and 2007 desert locust outbreaks in Niger and YemenMaster-uppsats, Lunds universitet/Institutionen för naturgeografi och ekosystemvetenskap
Sammanfattning : The knowledge of desert locust plagues goes back to biblical times but it is just as relevant in 2020 with an ongoing outbreak in East Africa and the Middle East. The locusts pose a threat to agriculture, and by extent food availability, due to their high appetite, diverse diet and ability to migrate long distances in large swarms. LÄS MER
- Master-uppsats, Lunds universitet/Institutionen för naturgeografi och ekosystemvetenskap
Sammanfattning : Yellow rust (Puccinia striiformis f. sp. Tritici) is a crop disease caused by a fungus that regularly infects wheat and causes yield loss in Ethiopia. The disease has a significant impact on the country’s crop production, food security, health, and socioeconomic well-being. LÄS MER