Sökning: "Physics and Astronomy"
Visar resultat 1 - 5 av 1003 uppsatser innehållade orden Physics and Astronomy.
1. Derivation of Improved K^0_L Response Uncertainty for use in the Jet Energy Scale Calibration at ATLASMaster-uppsats, Lunds universitet/Fysiska institutionen; Lunds universitet/Partikelfysik
Sammanfattning : The Standard Model of particle physics (SM) attempts to describe the fundamental particles and how they interact with each other. This model is however incomplete, as shown by various experimental observations. ATLAS is one of the experiments currently in operation at the Large Hadron Collider, which aims to search for new physics beyond the SM. LÄS MER
- Kandidat-uppsats, Lunds universitet/Kärnfysik; Lunds universitet/Fysiska institutionen
Sammanfattning : This report describes a systematic review regarding validations of calculations by measurements of isotopic compositions, or decay heat, on spent nuclear fuel, SNF. 15 relevant or otherwise interesting studies, were found. Two reports were chosen among the found studies and analyzed. LÄS MER
- Magister-uppsats, Lunds universitet/Kärnfysik; Lunds universitet/Fysiska institutionen
Sammanfattning : The European Spallation Source is currently under construction in Lund, Sweden. Consisting of a linear accelerator delivering an unprecedented 5 MW proton beam to the spallation source, i.e. LÄS MER
- Master-uppsats, Lunds universitet/Partikelfysik; Lunds universitet/Fysiska institutionen
Sammanfattning : This thesis presents studies of three different Quark-Gluon Plasma estimators in proton-proton collisions using what is currently believed to be quark-gluon plasma observables; radial flow, elliptic flow and strangeness enhancement. The three tested estimators were Transverse Spherocity, an altered version of Transverse Spherocity where all p_T was put to one, and a newly developed estimator called Mid-Forward. LÄS MER
- Kandidat-uppsats, Lunds universitet/Beräkningsbiologi och biologisk fysik; Lunds universitet/Teoretisk partikelfysik; Lunds universitet/Institutionen för astronomi och teoretisk fysik
Sammanfattning : We perform a fit to three loop order (NNNLO) in Chiral perturbation theory of the pion mass and decay constant. In particular we investigate if the NNNLO fit is an improvement of the fit to two loop order (NNLO) to lattice QCD data, which was done in a lattice gauge group collaboration. LÄS MER