Sökning: "Physics and Astronomy"
Visar resultat 1 - 5 av 935 uppsatser innehållade orden Physics and Astronomy.
- Magister-uppsats, Lunds universitet/Kärnfysik; Lunds universitet/Fysiska institutionen
Sammanfattning : The European Spallation Source is currently under construction in Lund, Sweden. Consisting of a linear accelerator delivering an unprecedented 5 MW proton beam to the spallation source, i.e. LÄS MER
- Kandidat-uppsats, Lunds universitet/Atomfysik; Lunds universitet/Fysiska institutionen
Sammanfattning : This thesis work contributes to the effort of detecting single rare earth ions doped into crystals, an operation crucial for the development of rare earth quantum computer hardware. Doping crystals with rare earth elements, their trivalent ions substitute some of the crystal’s original bonds. LÄS MER
3. Dispersion management and characterization of ultrashort laser pulses for the optimization of parametric processesMaster-uppsats, Lunds universitet/Atomfysik; Lunds universitet/Fysiska institutionen
Sammanfattning : This thesis set out to continue the development of a short-wave infrared (SWIR) optical parametric amplifier (OPA). The system is based on a Yb-ber chirped pulse amplification (CPA) laser delivering 400 fs long pulses, centered around 1030 nm, at 200 kHz repetition rate and 40 W average power. LÄS MER
- Kandidat-uppsats, Lunds universitet/Astronomi
Sammanfattning : Two relatively new concepts in planetary science are planetary migration; wherein the planets migrate through the protoplanetary disk as they form, and pebble accretion; wherein the planetesimals which become terrestrial planets and giant planet cores grow through the accretion of small pebbles. Planetary migration has become a generally accepted concept but there is still much to be learned even about how it affected the formation of our own solar system. LÄS MER
- Master-uppsats, Lunds universitet/Institutionen för astronomi och teoretisk fysik
Sammanfattning : In recent years, Deep Learning has proven to be an outstanding tool in the field of computer vision showing promising results in different fields such as the analysis of medical images, obstacle detection for self-driving cars, automatic image caption generation, etc. In the case of Archaeology, the adoption of these methods in the detection of archaeological structures from aerial images has been slower than in other fields. LÄS MER