Sökning: "Physics and Astronomy"
Visar resultat 1 - 5 av 1018 uppsatser innehållade orden Physics and Astronomy.
- Master-uppsats, Lunds universitet/Atomfysik; Lunds universitet/Fysiska institutionen
Sammanfattning : Diabetes mellitus is a global disease, mainly caused by insufficient insulin secre- tion from pancreatic islet β-cells. Insulin is stored in the granules of islet β-cells and released in response to extracellular stimuli e.g. glucose. LÄS MER
- Kandidat-uppsats, Lunds universitet/Partikelfysik; Lunds universitet/Fysiska institutionen
Sammanfattning : It is evident from cosmological observations such as the Cosmic Microwave Background, and the motion of galaxies, that the universe consists of approximately 5 times more mass than visible matter can account for. The Light Dark Matter eXperiment (LDMX) will take a unique approach in its hunt for dark matter; it will look for missing momentum signals in electron collisions with a Tungsten target, and will be looking in the sub GeV energy range for evidence of dark matter interactions. LÄS MER
- Magister-uppsats, Lunds universitet/Fysiska institutionen; Lunds universitet/Förbränningsfysik
Sammanfattning : Bark beetles are responsible for great damages to Swedish forestry every year. This project focuses on a method of entomological lidar called Scheimpflug lidar to detect and monitor bark beetles. Scheimpflug lidar uses old techniques from photography to achieve a deep field of focus to resolve objects over long distances. LÄS MER
- Master-uppsats, Lunds universitet/Fasta tillståndets fysik; Lunds universitet/Fysiska institutionen
Sammanfattning : In this project the transport phenomenon Coulomb drag is studied in a 1D system comprised of two nanowires in parallel. Specifically, a driving current across the active wire generated a drag current in the passive wire, and we studied how Coulomb drag influenced both the driving and drag currents. LÄS MER
- Master-uppsats, Lunds universitet/Fysiska institutionen; Lunds universitet/MAX IV-laboratoriet
Sammanfattning : The purpose of this project was to investigate the use of microfluidics for X-ray spectroscopy at MAX IV Laboratory. A Silicon and Glass chip was produced, and its suitability for carrying samples in solution was tested. LÄS MER