Sökning: "Physics and Astronomy"
Visar resultat 1 - 5 av 1182 uppsatser innehållade orden Physics and Astronomy.
- Kandidat-uppsats, Lunds universitet/Teoretisk partikelfysik
Sammanfattning : We use lattice QCD data to perform a fit of the pion and kaon mass and decay constant to next-to-next-to-leading order (NNLO) in three-flavor Chiral Perturbation Theory (ChPT). To improve our fits, we make use of finite volume corrections at both one- and two-loop order. This turns out to provide a small but noticeable improvement of our fits. LÄS MER
2. Background Studies of the High-Intensity Baryon Extraction and Measurement (HIBEAM) Experiment at the European Spallation SourceMaster-uppsats, Lunds universitet/Partikelfysik; Lunds universitet/Fysiska institutionen
Sammanfattning : The High-Intensity Baryon Extraction and Measurement experiment (HIBEAM) is proposed as one of the experimental stations at the European Spallation Source (ESS). This experiment will mainly focus on the neutron into sterile neutron oscillations which violate the baryon number (B) by one unit. LÄS MER
- Master-uppsats, Lunds universitet/Synkrotronljusfysik; Lunds universitet/Fysiska institutionen
Sammanfattning : To move to lower modes in extreme ultra-violet lithography (EUVL) technology (and keep up with Moore’s law), new sources of soft X-ray radiation must be developed. It is clear from previous studies that Free Electron Lasers (FELs) can easily meet the in-band power requirements at these lower wavelength modes, however detailed studies for insertion devices (undulators) as a soft X-ray lithography (SXL) source are due for a re-evaluation. LÄS MER
- Kandidat-uppsats, Lunds universitet/Matematisk fysik; Lunds universitet/Fysiska institutionen
Sammanfattning : The goal of this project is to characterize the quantum thermodynamics of a Hubbard-Holstein dimer. We explore how the standard formalism of quantum thermodynamics behaves in the context many-body physics. LÄS MER
- Magister-uppsats, Lunds universitet/Partikelfysik; Lunds universitet/Fysiska institutionen
Sammanfattning : Accurate estimations of background processes associated with top-quarks are vital to studies concerned with finding new physics at the Large Hadron Collider (LHC)at CERN. Search for Higgs-like bosons in the ATLAS experiment at LHC was performed by optimising the use of b-jet tagging algorithms and improving on tt backgroundmodelling. LÄS MER