Sökning: "Physics and Astronomy"
Visar resultat 1 - 5 av 1128 uppsatser innehållade orden Physics and Astronomy.
- Master-uppsats, Lunds universitet/Synkrotronljusfysik; Lunds universitet/Fysiska institutionen
Sammanfattning : To move to lower modes in extreme ultra-violet lithography (EUVL) technology (and keep up with Moore’s law), new sources of soft X-ray radiation must be developed. It is clear from previous studies that Free Electron Lasers (FELs) can easily meet the in-band power requirements at these lower wavelength modes, however detailed studies for insertion devices (undulators) as a soft X-ray lithography (SXL) source are due for a re-evaluation. LÄS MER
- Magister-uppsats, Lunds universitet/Partikelfysik; Lunds universitet/Fysiska institutionen
Sammanfattning : Accurate estimations of background processes associated with top-quarks are vital to studies concerned with finding new physics at the Large Hadron Collider (LHC)at CERN. Search for Higgs-like bosons in the ATLAS experiment at LHC was performed by optimising the use of b-jet tagging algorithms and improving on tt backgroundmodelling. LÄS MER
- Master-uppsats, Lunds universitet/Beräkningsbiologi och biologisk fysik
Sammanfattning : The success of Reinforcement Learning (RL) has mostly been in artificial domains, with only some successful real-world applications. One of the reasons being that most real-world domains fail to satisfy a set of assumptions of RL theory. LÄS MER
4. Estimating progenitor mass and distance to Galactic Core-Collapse Supernova using neutrino observatory IceCubeUppsats för yrkesexamina på avancerad nivå, Luleå tekniska universitet/Institutionen för teknikvetenskap och matematik
Sammanfattning : Galactic core-collapse supernovae is a once-in-a-lifetime event which could carry with it information about new physics. In this work a method for estimating the progenitor mass and distance using the IceCube Neutrino Observatory is presented. The mass is expressed through an intermediate parameter called compactness. LÄS MER
5. Understanding Rt using two-particle correlations by simulating proton-proton collisions in a Monte-Carlo modelKandidat-uppsats, Lunds universitet/Partikelfysik; Lunds universitet/Fysiska institutionen
Sammanfattning : The observable Rt is investigated in the Monte Carlo Model Pythia in order to better understand results from experimental data obtained in the ALICE detector at CERN. The purpose is to reproduce the experiment in a simulation and use the features proposed by Pythia to dig into the unexpected outcomes. LÄS MER