Sökning: "Swedish learners of English"
Visar resultat 1 - 5 av 279 uppsatser innehållade orden Swedish learners of English.
- Magister-uppsats, Stockholms universitet/Engelska institutionen
Sammanfattning : This essay examines the possibility to use the Federalist Papers as authentic classroom material for English 7 within Sweden’s upper secondary school. To do this, three close readings have been done of the first, tenth and fifty-first essay amongst the Federalist Papers. LÄS MER
- Kandidat-uppsats, Lunds universitet/Engelska
Sammanfattning : In this paper, I explore how Douglas Adams’ comedic 1979 science-fiction novel The Hitchhiker’s Guide to the Galaxy could be used to improve English as a foreign language (EFL) learners’ understanding of irony. Specifically, the study is based on criteria for the English 5 course in Swedish upper secondary school and is performed using a combined theoretical framework of Dan Sperber and Deidre Wilson’s principle of relevance and Paul Grice’s maxims of conversation. LÄS MER
3. Enspråkig engelskundervisning och elevers oro : En kunskapsöversikt om elevers uppfattning om engelskundervisningUppsats för yrkesexamina på avancerad nivå, Högskolan i Halmstad/Akademin för lärande, humaniora och samhälle
Sammanfattning : The use of learners' first language when teaching English as a second language (ESL) is a topic which has been debated in the field of language learning. Few studies have, however, focused on the learners’ perspectives regarding a monolingual pedagogical approach in language teaching. LÄS MER
4. A quantitative study on vocabulary in English textbooks used in upper secondary schools in SwedenMagister-uppsats, Stockholms universitet/Engelska institutionen
Sammanfattning : Vocabulary plays a fundamental role in language learning acquisition. With a sufficientvocabulary, learners are able to express themselves in various ways, communicate and share their thoughts and opinions with others. In contrast, an inadequate vocabulary gives rise to misunderstanding and poor communication. LÄS MER
- Uppsats för yrkesexamina på avancerad nivå, Malmö universitet/Fakulteten för lärande och samhälle (LS)
Sammanfattning : Translanguaging has been breaking ground with ideas that learners’ already mastered languages and the target language should coexist to support and scaffold each other's development, instead of the historically preeminent idea that has been to separate the school language and the target language. The curriculum for Swedish schools does not give any guidelines on how to address this contradiction in research. LÄS MER