Sökning: "aquatic chemistry"
Visar resultat 1 - 5 av 21 uppsatser innehållade orden aquatic chemistry.
- Master-uppsats, Göteborgs universitet/Institutionen för geovetenskaper
Sammanfattning : Organic matter (OM) in aquatic systems is a complex field which have rapidly developed duringthe last decade due to the introduction of high resolution mass spectrometers. The compositionof OM in the aquatic environment is directly dependent on factors such as oxygen supply, pHand the flow rate in the local system. LÄS MER
2. Comparison of two methods in deriving aquatic predicted no-effect concentration (PNEC) for α-Amylcinnamaldehyde, 1-Tridecanol and ParacetamolMagister-uppsats, Lunds universitet/Miljövetenskaplig utbildning
Sammanfattning : This study is evaluating two methods in order to calculate predicted no effect concentrations (PNECs) used in environmental risk assessment for three chemicals (α-Amylcinnamaldehyde, 1-tridecanol and paracetamol). The methods used are Species Sensitivity Distributions (SSD) and the guideline from European Chemicals Agency (ECHA): “Guidance on information requirements and chemical safety assessment”. LÄS MER
- Master-uppsats, SLU/Dept. of Aquatic Sciences and Assessment
Sammanfattning : The main objective of this study is to investigate the occurrence and fate of organic micropollutants (OMPs) in surface water in Lake Mälaren over one year, including their seasonal variations, correlations between compounds, spatial and vertical distribution. The water samples were enriched with solid phase extraction (SPE) and subsequently analyzed by ultra-high pressure liq-uid chromatography tandem mass spectrometry (UPLC-MS/MS). LÄS MER
4. Lake biology as a function of catchment characteristics and water quality parameters – focus on phytoplanktonMaster-uppsats, SLU/Dept. of Aquatic Sciences and Assessment
Sammanfattning : According to the EU Water Framework Directive, phytoplankton should be included for assessment of the ecological status of lakes. Phytoplankton respond rapidly to environmental changes and are a particularly good indicator of nutrient loads. LÄS MER
- Kandidat-uppsats, Umeå universitet/Institutionen för ekologi, miljö och geovetenskap
Sammanfattning : Freshwater ecosystems are under increasing pressure from a variety of contaminants, including heavy metals from mining operations, which can have complex effects that are difficult to evaluate. To detect early warnings from elevated concentrations of metals, organisms are sought to be used as monitoring tools. LÄS MER