Sökning: "lake sediments"
Visar resultat 1 - 5 av 98 uppsatser innehållade orden lake sediments.
1. Environmental change during the Holocene : A comparative multi-proxy study of landscape disturbances in Northern SwedenMaster-uppsats, Umeå universitet/Institutionen för ekologi, miljö och geovetenskap
Sammanfattning : Varved lake sediments were used to provide information on how a landscape is affected by disturbances of different scales, from global (i.e. climatic) to local (i.e. LÄS MER
2. Mineralogy of Lake Hotagen Sediments: Variations with Grain Size throughout Vertical Profile of a Sediment CoreMagister-uppsats, Umeå universitet/Kemiska institutionen
Sammanfattning : .... LÄS MER
3. Stratigraphy and dating of a lake sediment record from Lyngsjön, eastern Scania : human impact and aeolian sand deposition during the last millenniumMaster-uppsats, Lunds universitet/Geologiska institutionen
Sammanfattning : A small lake in north-eastern Scania, southern Sweden, Lake Lyngsjön, reveals a long history of aeolian sand drift based on a 3 meter long sediment sequence covering the last approximately 1400 years. Human impact, primarily through intensified land use and decreased forest cover, has periodically led to increased aeolian sand drift both locally and regionally. LÄS MER
4. Impact of southern Baltic sea-level changes on landscape development in the Verkeån River valley at Haväng, southern Sweden, during the early and mid HoloceneMaster-uppsats, Lunds universitet/Geologiska institutionen
Sammanfattning : In the Hanö bay off the coast at Haväng in SE Scania, southern Sweden, a submerged and well-preserved Mesolithic landscape is found, including remains of trees, river and lagoon sediments, and archaeological artefacts such as an antler pick axe and stationary fishing constructions. The landscape was formed during the Yoldia Sea (11,700-10,800 cal BP) and Initial Littorina Sea (9800-8500) low-water phases of the Baltic Basin. LÄS MER
5. Lake Victoria - Carbon, Nitrogen, Phosphorus and Stable Isotope (δ13C) comparison between lake and catchment sedimentsMaster-uppsats, Linköpings universitet/Tema Miljöförändring
Sammanfattning : Lake Victoria situated in East Africa faces an acute problem with eutrophication. Many reasons like agricultural production, industrialization, anthropogenic processes, the introduction of species, and economic activities have caused a stress to the overall well-being of the lake. LÄS MER