Sökning: "Biology and Life Sciences"
Visar resultat 1 - 5 av 291 uppsatser innehållade orden Biology and Life Sciences.
- Kandidat-uppsats, Lunds universitet/Industridesign
Sammanfattning : Japanese knotweed, or Parkslide in Swedish, is considered one of the world’s most invasive species. The aim of this project was to explore and investigate the possibility of utilizing this alternative material, and by doing so, help restrict and limit the expansion of the plant. LÄS MER
- Master-uppsats, Lunds universitet/Tillämpad biokemi; Lunds universitet/Teoretisk kemi
Sammanfattning : Biological pharmaceuticals are the answer to many severe diseases of today’s society. Some of these are protein-based drugs and can be produced from human blood plasma. In order to guarantee the safety of patients, absence of any pathogens needs to be ensured. LÄS MER
3. Binuclear zinc transcription factors and the regulation of patulin biosynthesis in the filamentous Ascomycete Penicillium expansumMaster-uppsats, Lunds universitet/Bioteknik (master)
Sammanfattning : This thesis investigated the regulation of patulin production in Penicillium expansum in relation to fungal global regulators as well as the cluster-specific binuclear zinc transcription factor (BZTF) patL in silico. It also explored the state of BZTF research in filamentous ascomycetes fungi, and questioned if results in Saccharomyces cerevisiae can be freely translated to other taxonomic groups. LÄS MER
- Kandidat-uppsats, Lunds universitet/Examensarbeten i biologi
Sammanfattning : An ever-growing problem is the increasing amount of microplastics in the sea and how they affect marine organisms. Microplastics are small pieces of plastic that are between 0.1 - 500 micrometres. They are divided into primary and secondary microplastics. LÄS MER
5. Microplastics In Ringed Seals From The Baltic Sea - Method development regarding the detection of microplastics in the digestive tract contents of marine mammalsKandidat-uppsats, Lunds universitet/Examensarbeten i biologi
Sammanfattning : Plastic pollution is a severe global problem and every year approximately 368 million tons of plastic is produced. Both terrestrial and marine environments are impacted and hundreds of species affected. LÄS MER