Sökning: "Biology and Life Sciences"
Visar resultat 1 - 5 av 216 uppsatser innehållade orden Biology and Life Sciences.
- Master-uppsats, Lunds universitet/Biofysikalisk kemi
Sammanfattning : DMSO sees common application as a solvent for studies of synthetic molecules in biological systems, in fields such as drug design. Despite this, the possibility and nature of solvent interactions with both synthetic ligand and their target macromolecules is widely unexamined. LÄS MER
- Kandidat-uppsats, Lunds universitet/Examensarbeten i biologi
Sammanfattning : There is not much research done regarding maneouvering flight on Birds. What has been done surrounding the area usually involves steady flight and not maneuvering. For the most part studies concern bats, insects or hummingbirds. LÄS MER
- Kandidat-uppsats, Lunds universitet/Examensarbeten i molekylärbiologi
Sammanfattning : Neonicotinoid insecticides are agonists to nicotinic acetylcholine receptors (nAChRs) in the brains of insects. At sub-lethal doses these chemicals cause behavioral abnormalities in several bee species, reducing overall fitness. nAChRs expressed in the optic lobes of insects bind neonicotinoids, thus may be involved in these behavioral changes. LÄS MER
- Master-uppsats, Lunds universitet/Institutionen för Immunteknologi
Sammanfattning : Allergic contacts dermatitis is a major health problem in the world and the disease is caused by a type IV hypersensitivity to a small chemical called a hapten. These substances are common in cosmetics, perfumes, pharmaceuticals and house-hold products, and risk factors include both inherent factors and frequent or high exposure. LÄS MER
5. The impact of CRISPR/Cas9 generated mutations in pioneer transcription factors FOXA1 and GATA3 on oestrogen receptor functionMaster-uppsats, Lunds universitet/Examensarbeten i molekylärbiologi
Sammanfattning : Breast cancer is the most common cancer among women and two thirds of all breast cancers are classified as oestrogen receptor positive. ER is a transcription factor that regulates gene expression and promote cell proliferation that is critical in mammary gland development, and its aberrant activity is commonly present in breast cancer. LÄS MER