Sökning: "civil society"
Visar resultat 1 - 5 av 812 uppsatser innehållade orden civil society.
- Kandidat-uppsats, Göteborgs universitet/Statsvetenskapliga institutionen
Sammanfattning : Lobbying as a phenomenon and its purpose has been debated for decades. Some say it is used by big corporations trying to influence politicians to see it their way. Some scientists say lobbying provides a channel for the public to participate, by voicing their opinions. LÄS MER
2. Deliberation and climate change- A quantitative analysis of potential relationships between deliberation and countries’ efforts in mitigating climate changeKandidat-uppsats, Göteborgs universitet/Statsvetenskapliga institutionen
Sammanfattning : The debate whether democracy and its procedures are capable of tackling climate change has been going on for years. One mechanism that has been claimed to yield improved environmental performance is deliberation. Meetings between civil society and politicians are assumed to generate more ambitious environmental policy. LÄS MER
3. Local NGOs’ Contribution to Peacebuilding and Conflict Prevention in the Southern Region of UkraineMagister-uppsats, Linnéuniversitetet/Institutionen för samhällsstudier (SS)
Sammanfattning : Since the end of the Cold War peacebuilding and conflict prevention became an important part of the international agenda in the processes of achieving peace. Nowadays there is an acknowledgment that civil society is an important actor that shares responsibility with the state, international actors, and contributes to rebuilding of states and societies after violent conflicts. LÄS MER
4. Putting people back into the economy: Urban restructuring and emerging alternatives in time of crisisMaster-uppsats, Lunds universitet/Institutionen för kulturgeografi och ekonomisk geografi
Sammanfattning : In many cities around the world, the financial crisis 2007 served as an opportunity both for grassroots movements and governments to rethink existing models of urban development. Some authors have pointed out that the crisis served to elevate discourses for progressive post-neoliberal urban transformations. LÄS MER
- Magister-uppsats, Malmö universitet/Kultur och samhälle
Sammanfattning : The demands placed on governmental organizations by society have become increasingly diverse, unpredictable and interconnected with the rise of complex societal problems. The failure of traditional forms of government to manage the diversity of citizens’ needs has led to calls for more adaptable and networked forms of governance. LÄS MER