Sökning: "sectarian movement"
Visar resultat 1 - 5 av 9 uppsatser innehållade orden sectarian movement.
1. "We have other objectives to prioritise" A study of the depoliticisation of foreign-funded NGOs and its impact on the Lebanese anti-establishment movementMaster-uppsats, Lunds universitet/LUMID International Master programme in applied International Development and Management; Lunds universitet/Institutionen för kulturgeografi och ekonomisk geografi
Sammanfattning : This thesis takes the Lebanese anti-establishment movement as a critical case study of the impact of NGOisation. The debilitating political, economic, and social crises experienced in Lebanon is argued to create an imperative for NGOs to take new forms of action to address and solve the crises. LÄS MER
2. `The Troubles´ och dess musik : Identitet genom musik i Nordirland mellan 1968–1998Kandidat-uppsats, Södertörns högskola/Historia
Sammanfattning : During the late 1960s pandemonium and chaos spread throughout the northeast part of the Irish island in the area known as Northern Ireland, a part of the United Kingdom. The conflict was the culmination of many factors such as the British colonization of the island during the 12th century, the semi-liberation and divide of the Island during the 1920s, local religious persecution and the advancing civil rights movement. LÄS MER
3. What is neutrality in a sectarianized context? : How the Lebanese Red Cross navigates sectarianism by claiming neutralityMagister-uppsats, Uppsala universitet/Teologiska institutionen
Sammanfattning : In October 2019, massive protests formed all over Lebanon, calling for an end tosectarianism. Sectarianism is a process which operates multidimensionally, politicizingreligious beliefs to create collective identities. LÄS MER
4. Mobilising the Lebanese Diaspora in Times of Political Turmoil at “Home” : Investigating online engagement practices and the roles of the alternative online medium Thawra Chronicles in the context of the Lebanese Revolution 2019Master-uppsats, Lunds universitet/Medie- och kommunikationsvetenskap; Lunds universitet/Institutionen för kommunikation och medier
Sammanfattning : This research focuses on the contemporary case study of the Thawra Chronicles, founded by three London-based members of the Lebanese diaspora in the wake of the Lebanese Revolution in early October 2019 to support the social movement from afar, targeting non-Lebanese individuals as well as Lebanese within and beyond its borders. Thawra Chronicles is a multifaceted, independent alternative online outlet aiming at commemorating the revolution, by providing information, curating art as well as serving as a space of participation through the upload of user-generated content and pledges. LÄS MER
5. Social Change through Daily Life – An Exploratory Study on University Student Opinions on Personal Status Laws in LebanonMaster-uppsats, Lunds universitet/Centrum för Mellanösternstudier
Sammanfattning : Recent studies have shown the discriminatory and patriarchal nature of personal status laws in Lebanon (Geagea et al. 2015; Mikdashi 2018b). LÄS MER