Sökning: "Environmental Kuznets Curve"
Visar resultat 1 - 5 av 48 uppsatser innehållade orden Environmental Kuznets Curve.
- Kandidat-uppsats, Göteborgs universitet/Institutionen för nationalekonomi med statistik
Sammanfattning : During the last century, increasing attention has been put on the importance to recycle. Several studies have investigated underlying factors that seems to correlate with this type of proenvironmental behavior. LÄS MER
2. Environmental Kuznets Curve in Sweden - A regression analysis of the relationship between CO2 emissions and economic growth in Sweden during the years of 1960-2018Kandidat-uppsats, Göteborgs universitet/Institutionen för nationalekonomi med statistik
Sammanfattning : The Environmental Kuznets Curve (EKC) is a theory suggesting the existence of an inverted U-shaped relationshipbetween emissions and economic growth. In today’s world of environmental awareness, it is an interesting topicsince it suggests that when economic growth reaches a certain point, pollution actually starts decreasing as economicwelfare increases. LÄS MER
- Kandidat-uppsats, Jönköping University/Internationella Handelshögskolan; Jönköping University/Internationella Handelshögskolan
Sammanfattning : The purpose of this paper is to investigate the relationship between economic development and pollution in the middle- and high-income countries for the period between 1960 and 2014. The study is conducted by first testing the environmental Kuznets curve, an economic theory that income has an inverted U-shape relationship with environmental degradation. LÄS MER
4. An Inverted U: Testing for a Swedish Municipal Environmental Kuznets Curve with an Inequality PerspectiveC-uppsats, Handelshögskolan i Stockholm/Institutionen för nationalekonomi
Sammanfattning : The Environmental Kuznets Curve (EKC) hypothesis suggests a relationship between environmental degradation and economic development where degradation initially increases with economic development until a certain point where additional development is associated with decreasing degradation. In the literature, the effect of economic inequality on this relationship has been studied from both theoretical and empirical viewpoints. LÄS MER
5. The decoupling process of CO2 emissions and economic growth : A comparative study between the European Union and middle income countries in South and East AsiaKandidat-uppsats, Jönköping University/Internationella Handelshögskolan; Jönköping University/Internationella Handelshögskolan
Sammanfattning : This paper compares and analyzes the decoupling processes of carbon emissions to economic growth in the European Union and South and East Asian middle income countries. This is done through econometric methods, testing for a relationship between CO2 and GDP. LÄS MER